TRENDnet Intros USB 3 to HDMI Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rualexru

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
My new HTPC 4770k+gtx770 4gb, 16gb ram, can power 10 HDTV Outputs at 60 FPS, just make these cheap and I'll buy some

Might be a dumb question but: Would this "bypass" a dedicated video card? I know USB headsets don't take advantage of dedicated sound cards because they are on a separate audio layer.

Note the CPU requirement. Its just another display link or display link type adapter running off the CPU, maybe with some GPU help. Suitable for desktop and nothing else. Its only "news" because its USB 3

Ah yeah, missed that. Total bummer :/. Thanks.

Jul 16, 2013
It took about 2 minutes to go to the TRENDnet website and download the install guide which shows DisplayLink. Nothing new, nothing wrong. DisplayLink adapters work quite well actually but this is a "me too" product with nothing extra that I have been able to identify. For my Ultrabook with only HDMI output I spent $60 on a similar product that had both HDMI and DVI with VGA adapter included. This means I cab connect to anything incl old projectors or 2 external displays with just one small dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.