[SOLVED] TrendNet KVM Switch

May 3, 2021
I use a TrendNet KVM Switch TK-215i to switch between my home pc and my work laptop. Ive had it for 6 months and its worked well. A few days ago I started having problems with the KVM Switch. It seems to be holding Control down forever until i manually press the Control button. So when i try to type the computer registers ctrl+z or ctrl+s or whatever button i press. Once i press the Control button the keyboard goes back to functioning normally. This issue starts every time i switch between computers, and then i press the Control button and the issue goes away. The problem began immediately after I installed the new beta of Bluestacks on my computer, which is an Android emulator. I have read that some KVM Switches use emulation to communicate with the computers they are connected to, so Im wondering if Bluestacks interfered somehow. Anyways, I uninstalled Bluestacks but the problem persisted. I tried resetting the KVM Switch, reinstalling all the keyboard drivers, the problem wont go away. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with for both system's? You might want to see if uninstalling the app used for the KVM switch, listed here, and then reinstalling the app(after a reboot) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator changes your experience. If you're sure that the Beta version of BlueStacks caused the issue(and not prior) then try and install a prior version that isn't Beta.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with for both system's? You might want to see if uninstalling the app used for the KVM switch, listed here, and then reinstalling the app(after a reboot) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator changes your experience. If you're sure that the Beta version of BlueStacks caused the issue(and not prior) then try and install a prior version that isn't Beta.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS