TRENDnet Ships Powerline 500 Wireless Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Kind of a mixed message on usage here; the whole benefit to me of PowerLine networking is being able to use reliable, wired networking rather than being at the mercy of range and interference of wireless. While I do keep a wireless network for smart phones etc., all my computers are now hooked into PowerLine adaptors, as it's just so much less frustrating to use than WiFi. I understand using WiFi for devices without a fixed location, but seriously; if your computer doesn't move, then it doesn't need WiFi, and you'll be happier without it.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Kind of a mixed message on usage here; the whole benefit to me of PowerLine networking is being able to use reliable, wired networking rather than being at the mercy of range and interference of wireless. While I do keep a wireless network for smart phones etc., all my computers are now hooked into PowerLine adaptors, as it's just so much less frustrating to use than WiFi. I understand using WiFi for devices without a fixed location, but seriously; if your computer doesn't move, then it doesn't need WiFi, and you'll be happier without it.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
At my house I have my modem and router hooked up next to my desktop in my office so that I can have my desktop wired directly into the router. However, my office is on the second floor in the corner of my house, hardly the best spot to ensure proper wireless coverage of my whole house. I currently have a 4-port powerline kit connecting my router in my office to my Roku in my basement so that I have a solid connection there but I also have a wireless access point running off of the powerline kit in the basement to allow for a stronger connectiion for that floor.With a kit like this I wouldn't need that second access point downstairs; it would just be built into the powerline kit,

I actually have a TrendNet kit already so I may snag one of these if it operates on a compatible frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.