Treyarch Planning ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops III’ Custom Maps, Modding For PC In 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zircon57

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
I could get excited by this. COD Black Ops III is going to be my first game in that series, and it is nice to see that they have plans to add something extra for PC players.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
So this is what has become of CoD. Reasons why I only use to play the Infinity Ward releases and now I play none of them after Modern Warfare. The single player campaign is slowly going extent in these games.

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
So this is what has become of CoD. Reasons why I only use to play the Infinity Ward releases and now I play none of them after Modern Warfare. The single player campaign is slowly going extent in these games.
Uhh maybe I'm missing something but I didn't see anything to suggest that the addition of mods also meant the elimination of a campaign.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

I guess you missed this article about the singe player campaign being removed from the console versions. This is just their beta test to see the market response. If it goes good, how long you think it will be before it is implemented on the PC version?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ps3-xbox360-blops-3-campaign,30176.html

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

Ah, I did miss that. That kind of blows, but those are pretty old consoles and would be so expensive to develop... Loved the MW2 campaign and still play from time to time. I do understand it in terms of value as well though, considering I spent about 250 hours in the single player, including Spec Ops missions versus 1500 in multiplayer. The cost of creating the single player campaign for a fading market that represents a fraction of playtime is hard to justify. Still, that's disappointing.

On the bright side, maybe if they focus on multiplayer only for PC, it could result in better-developed multiplayer and a less expensive product, right? Right? Hah...

115institution

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015

that means you only play modern warfare bc treyarch made cod 1,2, and 3 not infinityward, how do you only play 1 call of duty game what about mw2 or mw3

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

Infinity Ward developed CoD 1 and 2. Treyarch did 3.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

I'm a PC gamer so these games were a bit different.
Infinity Ward made COD1, COD2, COD4 MW, COD MW2 and COD MW3.
Treyarch made COD World at War which was a terrible game and the Black Ops series that were equally bad to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.