[SOLVED] tRFC - DRam Calculator

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
For my memory Dram Calculator suggests a tRFC of 480 or an alternate of 445. I've been using 445 for several months but recently found a program that crashes Windows when at 445 so I switched to 480. The program in question is now stable but I can see from benchmarking tools that it does reduce performance a bit. My question is: Can I try values between the suggested (480) and alt(445) settings or would they be invalid or show no benefit? If so by what increment should I reduce from the 480?

Thanks

Solution
This is the fun of overclocking, you'll just have to keep changing them in the bios until you find a compromise of stability and performance. I would change the values at a difference of 5 for every test. Every motherboard and RAM act differently so you can't get a general census of a perfect number for this. Just test out what works for your system.
This is the fun of overclocking, you'll just have to keep changing them in the bios until you find a compromise of stability and performance. I would change the values at a difference of 5 for every test. Every motherboard and RAM act differently so you can't get a general census of a perfect number for this. Just test out what works for your system.

Solution