Trial version of MS Office trying to install

babynuts43

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Hello,

I use MS Office 2003 on Windows 7 (I hate Office 2007) on a computer I bought a couple of years ago. The computer came with a trial version of MS Office Home and Student Version 2007, which I never used (didn't actually know it was there as it doesn't show up on start all programs). The other day I opened an attachment that contained MS Word 2007 docs (didn't know they were this version) and now every time I go to open an existing Office document (any), the trial version pops up trying to install. I can get to my document after closing a bunch of boxes and it will be in 2003. However, today after closing the boxes the document came up in "compatibility mode" which was 2007. I hate 2007 and want only 2003. Help!

try to remove office 2007 in control panel add remove

or associate your word files to office 2003 by right clicking the file and browse to word 2003 exe and tell it to always use this program by ticking the box

or in windows 7 go to start--type in defaults in search box select default programs then set office 2003 as the default in the list that appears