trial versions of windows

emprer

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
hi im studying for the comptia a+ exams and i want to familiarize myself with all versions of windows in use today (namely windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, and windows 8.) is there any way to use a trial version or a free version of these operating systems?

Solution

Actually, yes. I gave XP (since it was so cheap) to a poor college kid recently who needed a computer. I built the rig for cheap and used XP to keep the price way down. And my parents are still using xp on a rig we built quite a while ago. Sooner or later, they'll all have to upgrade, but probably more later than sooner.

Although that'd probably be a lot less than what I'd thought a few years ago since Microsoft is discontinuing support of XP.

1studlyman

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

Actually, yes. I gave XP (since it was so cheap) to a poor college kid recently who needed a computer. I built the rig for cheap and used XP to keep the price way down. And my parents are still using xp on a rig we built quite a while ago. Sooner or later, they'll all have to upgrade, but probably more later than sooner.

Although that'd probably be a lot less than what I'd thought a few years ago since Microsoft is discontinuing support of XP.

Solution