Question Trident 3 9sh-444us

Dec 1, 2020
I'm not sure what information I need to provide. I have a Trident 3 9sh-444us I attempted to upgrade this device from 8gb total memory to 16 gb total memory. I used DMS Data Memory Systems 16GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 2048x64 CL17 1.2V 260 Pin SODIMM . Now obviously I wasn't on relying on the websites claim that it was 100 percent compatible but it just leaves me wondering how I can upgrade my memory. I turned off the computer and removed all external plugs. Removed the old 8gb memory and inserted this 16gb module and the system wouldn't start. The led light turned on as if it was function in some form but no visual out put to my monitor. I returned the 8gb original module and it booted right up. I can't even enter safe mode with the new module. I seem stuck because I've seen people online say you can at least get 16 gb memory output but not sure what device to use.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Prior to upgrading the ram(or replacing it, rightfully speaking) did you make sure your prebuilt SFF gaming system was on the latest BIOS update? Also, might want to see if the prior stick of ram allows you to boot into the OS and make sure you're on the latest version for your OS. We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10.

Dec 1, 2020
Not sure where your getting 20H2 but my device is showing up to date after checking for updates. Updating bios seems unnecessary and more than likely brick my system.

Edit: After doing some research when I first got the device the bios were updated and no further bios updates were released for the current hardware since 2018. I got the computer in 2020.

Last edited: