Trident Z RGB compatibility with Asrock z370 Extreme4

Kostas_11

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Hello. I have 16gb of RAM and model is Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz with CAS latency 16. In the Asrock site this model isnt shown on the list. Should i have any problems? I just ordered the motherboard so i could cancel the order ASAP if needed. Thanks for help

Solution
Do you know which exact model RAM you're using?

As for if's its compatible, keep in mind that the QVL from manufactures is not a definitive list. Now if it is on the list, then there's no reason it shouldn't short of faulty hardware. It also makes it easier to deal with their tech support should something go wrong. But just because a RAM kit isn't on the list doesn't it wont work, it may just means it may not have been tested. Often times a specific RAM kit comes out after the list has been created. If the specs of the RAM match what the board can accept, chances are that it "should" work. But the best bet would be to email Asrocks customer support and check if they've had any issues.
Do you know which exact model RAM you're using?

As for if's its compatible, keep in mind that the QVL from manufactures is not a definitive list. Now if it is on the list, then there's no reason it shouldn't short of faulty hardware. It also makes it easier to deal with their tech support should something go wrong. But just because a RAM kit isn't on the list doesn't it wont work, it may just means it may not have been tested. Often times a specific RAM kit comes out after the list has been created. If the specs of the RAM match what the board can accept, chances are that it "should" work. But the best bet would be to email Asrocks customer support and check if they've had any issues.

Solution