Sep 9, 2019
Hey I recently built my new pc last week, and the trident Z ram has been awesome... until it wasn’t haha.

It started with 1 of the ram sticks having 3 lighting zones stuck on, no matter what lighting I set them to.

As that was bugging me, and kept me up at night because they wouldn’t turn off with the rest of my system, I decided to completely uninstall the lighting programs I was using at the time. (Msi mystic light and gskills rgb program version 1.0.8)

Now my ram is stuck on rainbow, and is not detected by ANY rgb programs that would usually register the rgb on the ram.

Really not sure what to do at this point, I’ve reinstalled programs, reset bios, switched the ram to opposite ram slots (2 to 4 and 4 to 2) and yet nothing has worked.

I love the look of the ram, but I’m not really happy with the issues I’ve had so far. I’ve got a return with Newegg setup to get refunded within the next 14 days, but if I can get it to work I’d prefer that.

(I am running the most current Msi bios available from a week ago)

If anyone has any insight on this I’d be very grateful.

Specs:

Mobo: Msi z390 Ace
Ram: gskill trident z royal 2x16 ddr4 3200mhz
GPU: 2080 ti FE
CPU: i9 9900k
PSU: Corsair RMx 850w

Solution
TLDR: So I fixed it, but never really figured out what the problem was.

I basically gave up on trying to find a solution to stopping the rainbow puke, had a return setup through Newegg, and was about ready to order something new like Corsair to replace them.

I really love the look of them so in a last ditch effort I tried wiping my windows install, surely that’d have to work - unless the actual ram was faulty. Since I’ve only had my pc up and running for under a week it wasn’t a big deal and it fixed the problem of not being able to detect the rgb modules and get it off rainbow, but at the cost of windows.

I’m pretty sure the problem was linked to gskill shitty software, that interferes with any and every other rgb software...
Sep 9, 2019
TLDR: So I fixed it, but never really figured out what the problem was.

I basically gave up on trying to find a solution to stopping the rainbow puke, had a return setup through Newegg, and was about ready to order something new like Corsair to replace them.

I really love the look of them so in a last ditch effort I tried wiping my windows install, surely that’d have to work - unless the actual ram was faulty. Since I’ve only had my pc up and running for under a week it wasn’t a big deal and it fixed the problem of not being able to detect the rgb modules and get it off rainbow, but at the cost of windows.

I’m pretty sure the problem was linked to gskill shitty software, that interferes with any and every other rgb software installed on the pc. Never touching it again.

If you can find a way to fully uninstall ALL of the program and lingering files linked to it, that may work. “AER RGB HAL” I’m pretty sure is the part of the program that controls the rgb detection/rgb, and if that breaks that’s what causes this problem.

Anyways good luck man, if you really like the design of the ram, you can make the sacrifice and stay away from gskills software, but any other situation I’d recommend you try to rma it and get something more reliable.

Solution

Sunny Unni

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
Wow. That's the last thing to try now. Wipe and Reinstall windows completely. I feel it should work since the control worked before and suddenly stopped.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Sep 2, 2019
gskill light only now works on default rainbow, nothing els
most modes are not working now, no idea what happend.

just installed my pc, and that software, first it was all working fine, maybe because windows update ?

i read somewere to unplug the power cable a couple min.
i gonna try it out now and see if that realy works.

hmzz din't help for me...

first it worked all fine ! any color any color mode, all worked, and now only default rainbow and cycle work
from the light effects.

What to do now? how can we fix it ??

i got gskill neo 3200 cl14 2 x 8 gb
gigabyte ultra x570 board.

and i din't change any cables in my pc.
software just does not work corectly anymore...

greets, Jørn Mulder

Sep 2, 2019
Wow. That's the last thing to try now. Wipe and Reinstall windows completely. I feel it should work since the control worked before and suddenly stopped.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
i just reinstalled my hole pc, because it was slow, wiped m.2 drive clean installed win10
then all my programs and games etc, and now it's not working !
grrrrrr :(