Question Tridentz Neo 32GB kit (8GBx4 sticks) not able to run at certified speed 3600MHz

minhlaclun

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum so please kindly inform me if this is not the right section to post troubleshooting related question.

Summary of Issue
My Tridentz Neo 32GB (8GBx4) 3600MHz DDR4 RAM kit is not running at certified frequency regardless of DRAM voltage and CPU SoC voltage setting. Maximum speed that I could make it to run in a somewhat stable state is 3466MHz with 1.32V on DRAM voltage/1.1 SoC voltage/ timing 18-22-22-42. I've tried "DOCP standard" profile / manually entered all DRAM values in BIOS but it didn't work. PC would constantly POST fail, enter a boot loop then completely reset BIOS settings. Sometimes, I could get pass the login screen but then eventually PC would show BSOD with code VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. BIOS is updated to latest version with a fresh install of Windows 10. Memtest86 doesn't discover any error while testing both DOCP profile and JEDEC profile (both passed 2 -3 passes in RAM test). Here's a screenshot of RAM info shown in Thaiphoon Burner: View: https://imgur.com/a/zYiO1AH

System Configuration
  • Motherboard: Asus x570 Crosshair VIII HERO WIFI
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • PSU: Corsair RM750X 750W 80+ GOLD
  • Display(s) (Make, Model and Type):
    • LG 27GL650F-B 27 inch
  • System Memory: 32GB ( G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB Kit 8GBx4 F4-3600C18Q-32GTZN)
  • GPU (VBIOS): Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (VBIOS: 84.04.36.00.2F)
  • OS (Version): Windows 10 x64 (Version: 2004)
This is my first time using a Ryzen CPU, also first time using 4 RAM sticks at once so I'm pretty confused at the moment. Previously had an old i5 with 2 sticks of RAM at 3000MHz so I just needed to enable XMP profile and forget about it but doesn't seem like that with Ryzen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

minhlaclun

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016
Which BIOS version are you currently on? Have you tried upping the voltage for the rams to 1.35v? If that didn't work see if going 1.4v helps you out.

Hi Lutfij!
Sorry I did not clarified it in my post. I'm currently on BIOS version 2103 with AGESA V2 PI 1.0.0.2 (info taken from Asus support website). Actually I tried bumping DRAM voltage to 1.4 at the beginning but the system was extremely unstable so I just dropped it around 1.3 ~ 1.35V. At the moment I'm trying to get it run at 3533MHz with 1.34V and for now it's running mostly fine while browsing Edge or light media consumption. However, errors start to manifest when I test some games, some will force close upon starting while some will run for a period and get fatal error. Also, I'm not sure if this is also related to bad RAM config but Edge sometimes completely go blank/ flicker then "refresh" a tab without me doing anything.