[SOLVED] TridentZ Software uses to much CPU Resources

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
For the users out there that use the G.Skill TridentZ software to control the RGB on the ram are you seeing high CPU usage by the software when installed?

With the software NOT installed my CPU usage (via task manager) sits at 2% or lower at idle with temps at 27c-28c on a 360 AIO.

With the software installed (latest version) my CPU usage is 10-11% at idle with most of that being used by the TridentZ software (via task manager) and idle temps raise to 41-42c

Uninstall the software and my temps and CPU usage returns 27-28c at idle.

Is this just something to live with or is it clashing with something? I thought it might be Mystic light, I did uninstall Mystic light and i get the same results.

I did send G.Skill an email but never got a reply (2 weeks ago) or not yet still. Really just curious if anyone else has noticed this when using the software.

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
Nice. That's why I was asking that. I will use that software too so If I encounter the same issue I know closing it down fix this.

Thanks for the answer! :)

No problem at all. During gaming it won't be a big issue. When i run benchmarks now i will need to shut them all down before running a benchmark to get the best results. I can live with that.

Only other thing i could do i guess is since i run iCUE for my 360 AIO, headset & Keyboard would be to just swap out the TridentZ for a Corsair ram and then dump the G.Skill software all together but i like the RGB on the TridentZ better.