Question Tried 2 GPU's, still no signal on both of my monitors.

Jaseyjan

Reputable
Jul 8, 2017
Hey Everyone, im having trouble with my PC and can't figure the cause out on my own, so I hereby want to ask for your help.

A few days ago, while i was gaming, i suddenly heard a small POP-like sound, and then both my monitors turned to no signal. I tried restarting it a few times, to no avail. Both monitors never get any signal.

When I opened up I saw that the fans of the GPU weren't spinning, however the small RGB lights on it were still working.

I have no Internal graphics so I decided to try it with a new card, however this did not fix the issue. This card worked right before on another PC.

When booting up my PC the fans from the motherboard and CPU spin as they should and make the exact same sounds as if i was booting the pc before this issue happened.

So my question is, where could the problem lie? Is my motherboard likely to be the cause? Or maybe the power supply? I don't have any spare components available to test each component separately.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 C16
Old GPU: GTX 980
New GPU: RTX 2070s

Hey Everyone, im having trouble with my PC and can't figure the cause out on my own, so I hereby want to ask for your help.

A few days ago, while i was gaming, i suddenly heard a small POP-like sound, and then both my monitors turned to no signal. I tried restarting it a few times, to no avail. Both monitors never get any signal.

When I opened up I saw that the fans of the GPU weren't spinning, however the small RGB lights on it were still working.

I have no Internal graphics so I decided to try it with a new card, however this did not fix the issue. This card worked right before on another PC.

When booting up my PC the fans from the motherboard and CPU spin as they should and make the exact same sounds as if i was booting the pc before this issue happened.

So my question is, where could the problem lie? Is my motherboard likely to be the cause? Or maybe the power supply? I don't have any spare components available to test each component separately.

Unfortunately there is no way to know without trying the components in a different system - do you know someone who could help you test a few parts out?

It sounds like you have ruled out the GPU, so next most likely culprits are are you suggest, the motherboard or PSU. The 'Pop' sound you mention could be a blown capacitor, so worth inspecting the motherboard closely and looking if you can see any failed or swollen caps.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021

What is your power supply brand and model?

Reactions: CountMike