Question tried cloning OS from HDD to nvme SSD but i am entirely lost now

adza botchway

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
I've been working ALL day to get this to work but I have literally no clue what i'm even doing anymore and it's incredibly frustrating.

I have a samsung 960 evo which is 250gb and a 1tb 7200 rpm hard drive which i've been using for years as my boot drive but it's slowing down significantly so i wanna move windows 10 to my SSD.
At this point, i literally don't care about backing up or anything like that. I already had to delete pretty much all my games and files to make my HDD clone fit onto my SSD using a program called macrium. The HDD seems to be perfectly cloned onto my SSD with about 35 gbs to spare but when i set my SSD as my boot drive in the BIOS, it just refuses to boot. I feel like i've tried everything at this point but i don't know what's wrong.

adza botchway

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Disconnect old drive and BOOT from Macrium Reflect rescue USB, there you will find option to fix boot problems.
Could you possibly give me the link to the macrium rescue thing? I can't seem to find it for some reason.

edit: nevermind i realize it's just on the program that i already have. I'm not sure how to create the usb rescue drive though :/