Question Tried installing a sata m.2 for more storage and pc shows "reboot and select proper boot device"

Sep 18, 2019
I have an 1 tb hdd and I tried to install an additional 1 tb sata m.2 (WD Blue #d NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA)

Pc booted and I was able to access the bios but once I left bios, the reboot device message popped up. I'm not experienced at all. What should I do?

popatim

Titan
In the Bios, are your drives even detected* ?
* make sure the sata ports are enabled and set to AHCI mode and not Raid.

You might just want to save the current bios settings to a drive and then reset the bios back to defaults. This way you can reload the old bios if you need to. Not all bioses have this save/load setting feature though.

Is the remaining drive's power connected? Do you hear it spinning up?

Was the SATA power cable used from the PSU currently used? (Using an older modular cable from some other PSU can fry a drive instantly, as pinouts at PSU's connection points can differ greatly)

Does this mainboard have just one M.2 slot, or two? (Some have one port that is NVME only, and another that works with SATA or NVME)

Sep 18, 2019
Yeah I hear it, I think the problem is the sata connections. I also would like to add that my keyboard and mice aren't turning on when i turn on the pc