Tried "reupgrading" to Windows 10 and am now stuck at boot screen.

Bmeowmix

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
So I took advantage of the Windows 10 upgrade back when it was still a thing and everything went smoothly. However, I ended up sending my laptop in for a new hard drive after the last one corrupted. I recently got it back, installed my usual programs, and downloaded the Windows 10 installation tool off of Microsoft's website. Everything was going smoothly up until what I think was the installation where it rebooted. It mentioned that it was going to "reboot multiple times" so I didn't think anything of it, but its been a few hours and it is still at the boot screen. Also, I can't access BIOS. Is there something wrong?

This is the screen it is stuck on

6khAOUN.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you make a USB to install from or just upgraded using the option in the tool? If you don't have USB, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Try holding F2 button and starting laptop, that should get you into the bios or does that Acer screen appear before bios screen normally? Need to get into bios to see if hdd is showing still

What OS was on PC before you upgraded? Win 7 or 8?

Bmeowmix

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
The battery doesn't seem removable, or at the very least I don't know how to do it (Aspire E5-411G). Would letting the battery die and recharging have the same effect?

Bmeowmix

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Okay, so removing the battery didn't fix it, but it let me into the setup utility with F2 this time for some reason so I guess BIOS is fine. What now?

TRENDING THREADS