[SOLVED] tried to check a hard drive if it worked and entire computer stopped working

Feb 27, 2021
attached a hard drive to system. Turned on and all drives. Including USB and CD stopped working. Only fans come on and monitor says no signal. Removed the drive and still entire system is down

Feb 27, 2021
Ok It is a home built computer. Gigabyte mother board. Older S-series ........ has 3 hard drives One Pata cable two sata cable all ata drives. and a cd/dvd drive. also has usb drives. Power seems to go to one drive on the sata cable. I tried to attach another sata drive (segate 250gb) to see if it worked. Did so by removing one sata drive cable. Repowered up and entire system would not load. I have removed the drive and tried again. The pata and disk drive do not run. No chance of using a disk. The USB have power but not response to zip drives. the power goes to the sata cables and drive appear to turn but no response any where. monitor shows no signal. Switched from video card to motherboard. no luck have removed and cleaned connection on ram. All fans work. what other info can I give? Just hate to go buy new parts and have the same mistake. The drive I tried to see if work feels its spinning and trying to read but not sure. I do know its spinning. I am not a expert on any tech stuff just tinker with success until now. This has me stumped .