Tried to get superfetch on win 7 but it says the file is empty

Solution
I thought superfetch was a application and I dont see any files for it on this windows 7 ?? have you looked up what it is ??

Superfetch is a service that was introduced with Vista and has been part of Windows ever since. It tries to speed up your computing experience by pre-loading parts of programs into memory with sometimes detrimental effects as you had to experience. It tries to determine which software you use and stores parts of it to the Windows folder.

Unfortunately, Superfetch doesn't always get it right which software you're going to use and can keep your hard drive busy for minutes after booting. I found it especially annoying since it kept on loading software I wasn't even going to use or that I had only used once...
I thought superfetch was a application and I dont see any files for it on this windows 7 ?? have you looked up what it is ??

Superfetch is a service that was introduced with Vista and has been part of Windows ever since. It tries to speed up your computing experience by pre-loading parts of programs into memory with sometimes detrimental effects as you had to experience. It tries to determine which software you use and stores parts of it to the Windows folder.

Unfortunately, Superfetch doesn't always get it right which software you're going to use and can keep your hard drive busy for minutes after booting. I found it especially annoying since it kept on loading software I wasn't even going to use or that I had only used once. Since I use a plethora of different programs every day, Superfetch actually had a massive negative impact on my computer's performance with keeping the hard drive busy for 5-10 minutes after a fresh boot. This is the very reason I have been running Windows with deactivated Superfetch ever since it came out.

Additionally, since Superfetch uses memory for applications you might not even run, your free amount of memory will take a hit and might result in more swapping which adds just more wear to the hard drive.
http://superuser.com/questions/645650/what-is-superfetch-and-its-relation-to-svchost-exe-localsystemnetworkrestricte

Solution
some times you can disable it and give it a few boots turned off and turn it back on and it will act normal ??? I had it cause a drive to act ''crazy'' once or twice

its running on this 7 now with out issues that I can see compared to what I have seen with it ..

good luck