[SOLVED] Tried to install an rx 580

Aug 6, 2020
Hello, today I tried installing an rx 580 pulse on my build but when I try to turn on my pc it just doesnt start, if I use any other graphics card it works (the power source is 450w and old as heck but I dont think thats the problem)

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? We will also need to know the rest of your system specs. With an RX580 in a build, you're going to need at least 550W or higher(from a reliably built PSU) to power the entire system.

You will also need to use DDU to uninstall your prior GPU's drivers before dropping in the RX580.

Aug 6, 2020
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? We will also need to know the rest of your system specs. With an RX580 in a build, you're going to need at least 550W or higher(from a reliably built PSU) to power the entire system.

You will also need to use DDU to uninstall your prior GPU's drivers before dropping in the RX580.
The PSU is from 2010 I think? I couldn't find the model tho, I will buy a 550w one and uninstall previous drivers. I'll come back with a reply after I buy it.

Aug 6, 2020
An i3 3220, an ssd and hard disk and idk, also I got the graphics card to work but it doesnt send any signal to the monitor (I have integrated graphics but it should switch automatically, I did look in bios and it says auto) the fans work btw

Yeah, a BIOS update might fix the issue.

The "old" 450W PSU probably isn't doing you any favors. Does it even have an 8-pin PCIe power cable, or is it a 6-pin that you're using an adapter on to get it to 8 pins for the GPU? You do have SOMETHING plugged into the Aux power plug on the end of the card...right?

Aug 6, 2020
Yeah, a BIOS update might fix the issue.

The "old" 450W PSU probably isn't doing you any favors. Does it even have an 8-pin PCIe power cable, or is it a 6-pin that you're using an adapter on to get it to 8 pins for the GPU? You do have SOMETHING plugged into the Aux power plug on the end of the card...right?
No it doesn't I have an adaptor but I am buying a 550w and I'll come back monday with some answers, thanks to all of you for the help.