Question Tried to install new ram but now i have no display

wilkin823

Distinguished
May 22, 2014
Hi, so i purchased G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 for my computer that currently has 2x4gb of the same type and speed. To install the ram i unpluged eveything from the computer and switched off the power supply. I grounded myself and was on wood flooring. My mother board only has four slots so i put the ram in the other two slots and plugged the power back in and the monitor. everything lights up including periferals but i have no display. I turned off my computer and took out the new ram and tryed with the old ram but the same problem is occuring. My motherboard has EZ display LED and the CPU light came on and then off, it skipped the DRAM, VGA came on and off, and the BOOT led is stuck on. I took the motherboards battery out for 5 minutes and restarted but nothing there. With my old ram i have tried to put one of them in each slot but nothing worked there either. Im not sure what i did wrong or what i can do from here on. I made sure the ram was compatible, and the speaker my motherboard has does not make a sound.

Specs:
MIS x470 gaming plus AMD motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
ryzen 2600x CPU
Nvidia Geforce 1070ti
860 evo samsung 500gb SSD (bootdrive)
2tb seagate harddrave
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3, 220-G3-0550-Y1, 80+ GOLD

Last edited:

wilkin823

Distinguished
May 22, 2014
Ok i may have fixed it at least with my old ram, so i have a VGA to HDMI converter going into my 1070ti. i uninstalled and installed my old 650ti gpu that can use vga and it brought me straight to bios to configure, my guess is that the hdmi converter can not process what bios is so my monitor never lights up. Reinstalled my 1070ti and it works perfectly, and the computer sees all the ram.