Tried to reinstall windows 10 but the usb drive is not working anymore

Oct 20, 2018
Hello there! So i tried to reinstall Windows 10, which is something that I've done several times in the past and at the same time I was formating my SSD and HDD. Then i got an error which said that I can't install windows on this drive which I used to fix by cleaning the drive through diskpart. And this time, it didn't fix the error and I don't know exactly what convinced me to restart my computer but after i did it from what I can see when I'm booting through my usb drive I get the Reboot an Select proper Boot device error. And I think that it means that my usb drive got formated as well in some way or something like that. And I want to know if I'm right. Thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you sure secure boot isn't on in bios? or fast boot as either could make PC ignore USB at boot.
Have you tried the USB in another PC? It seems unlikely it could have been formatted, I mean, its possible.. I guess you could run the clean command on the USB but it would have to be intentional, not something you accidentally do. I have never tried. When you run the repair mode off the USB it runs in a ram disk (x drive).

normal steps should be
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd, make note of hdd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the hdd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean
so unless you skipped the list disk stage and chose wrong drive, I don't see how you could delete usb as I guess windows only runs part of the program off the ram drive. I would think it protects the USB at that stage.