Question Tried to tidy up my partitions before moving my HDD to the new PC. Now i can't access the disk and looks like i can't see my data. Help!

clearance

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013
Hi everyone,

I just had this 1TB disk with 2 partitions: 1#: old windows i don't use (39 GB), 2#: all my important data (890 GB). I wanted to get rid of that old windows part and extend the data part for all disk space on this drive, so there's no partitions division.

So i formatted the windows partition, but couldn't extend data partition somehow. I tried different things, both Disk Manager and EaseUS Partition Master and ended up dividing old windows partition in 2: 300MB (or so) and 38 GB. So 3 total with data part. Then all 3 became dynamic. So i read somewhere on the internet, that i need to delete volumes i don't want, and then i'll be able to change from dynamic to basic type. I deleted the 300MB one, and then the 38 GB. Ended up with one partition (of correct total capacity: 931.5 GB), markde as active, healthy - but it says it's not formatted. I can't access the disk now in My computer - it says that before i use it i should format - i don't want that. Also Partition Master shows it's not formatted and Disk Manager says it ain't NTFS file system but RAW and that there's 100% free space there.
Loosing that data is like a nightmare. I didn't format that data partition. Can i retrieve that partition? Can i retrieve my data?

1#: old windows i don't use (39 GB), 2#: all my important data (890 GB). I wanted to get rid of that old windows part and extend the data part for all disk space on this drive, so there's no partitions division.

Then all 3 became dynamic.

I can't access the disk now in My computer - it says that before i use it i should format - i don't want that.

Dynamic and RAW are two words you rarely want to see.

Your PC will not boot at all?

If it will, a picture of Disk Management posted here would be great.