[SOLVED] Tried to update bios.

Jan 26, 2020
I was told that I need to update BIOS, got the file for my mobo onto the stick, went into the bios, updated and everything looked okay. Update finished and I get a blue screen with "Recovery, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired",

Error code was 0xc000000f
File: WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe

I pick "use a different operating system" and from there I had an option to choose Windows 10 or Windows 10 Home if I remember correctly, just 10 was broken, Home was fine. I used PC a little and then a little later I checked into bios out of curiosity. I had 3.6Ghz and my ram was 2400Mhz, before the problem it was 4.2 and 3200.

CPU is Ryzen5 3600
Mobo is MSI B450M Mortar Max

I have no idea what happened and why. Would appreciate some info.

Solution
try "load optimized settings" and see if that helps.
you may have to work back to a stable config. if you're ok with the lower settings then leave them as is.

if the situation persists you may need to do Windows Recovery / Windows Reset - (basically returns your Windows to pristine state (but you'll have to reinstall your apps)
QUOTE="Lance483, post: 21544835, member: 2794190"]
After enabling xmp(and game boost) I still got the same error though. Any fix to this?
[/QUOTE]
Jan 26, 2020
your PC was unstable after the bios update (some settings may have defaulted) so it crashed and you booted with a "more default" setting. you can enable XMP to get the RAM freq back - adjust the CPU multiplier carefully to get something stable
After enabling xmp(and game boost) I still got the same error though. Any fix to this?

you may have to work back to a stable config. if you're ok with the lower settings then leave them as is.

if the situation persists you may need to do Windows Recovery / Windows Reset - (basically returns your Windows to pristine state (but you'll have to reinstall your apps)
[/QUOTE]

Solution
Jan 26, 2020

[/QUOTE]

Your CMOS setting get set to default after a BIOS update.

Fixed! Exactly as zx128k said, rookie mistake I guess, bios had default settings and it moved my ssd with windows on into boot option 3, moved back turned everything on and now all the stats are as they should be, thanks a lot.

TRENDING THREADS