Question Tried updating bios. Is my motherboard dead?

defective bob-omb

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
A few hours ago, I was web browsing and I decided to update my bios on my msi B350 Tomahawk Arctic. Went in and selected M-FLASH. My system reset and that was it. Black screen. My monitor says no signal detected. Tried restarting but I no longer gets the msi post screen. Everything still powers up. My GPU, fans and CPU cooler. Even the EZ Debug LEDs still light up. When turning my computer on, the CPU and DRAM lights turn on for 3 seconds and turn off. That has always happened though when turning on, even when my computer was working fine. The DRAM light always used to be on due to a compatibility issue until it was fixed with a bios update.

I don't know what's going on. Is my motherboard dead?

D

Deleted member 14196

If the board has no way to recover a bios then it’s a brick. What puzzles me is if everything was working why are you just decided to update it?

D

Deleted member 14196

Did you try clearing the CMOS? You can power the system off and pull the CMOS battery for five minutes then reinsert it and turn it on

defective bob-omb

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Removed the battery and reinserted after 5 minutes. Nothing. Everything is running but there is nothing on my screen.

I didn't even install the update, I just clicked M-FLASH and it just restarted.