TRIM Command Confirmed With RAID 0 on Intel 7 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

C'mon Tom's, stop putting out every single article with errors because you're too lazy to proof read! You guys keep losing credibility by the day. "a SSD", are you serious. Don't you guys learn this crap in primary school?

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
[citation][nom]Back 2 School[/nom]C'mon Tom's, stop putting out every single article with errors because you're too lazy to proof read! You guys keep losing credibility by the day. "a SSD", are you serious. Don't you guys learn this crap in primary school?[/citation]

Watch out, we've got a smart ass over here

Wait... so they had been working on it for the 6 series with it now they don't? The 6 and 7 series are very similar so why can't they do TRIM in a RAID 0 on the 6 series? Its still using the ICH10R SB for the SATA.

Kinda dissapointig even though I wont ever need RAID 0 SSDs but still strange they don't have it supporting the 6 series chipsets.

kaisellgren

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Nice, but I'm more interested knowing if the current market PCI-E based SSDs are bootable and have trim. Since SATA III is already being pushed to the limits, PCI-E seems like a solution except that to my experience they aren't bootable at least not easily.

[citation][nom]Back 2 School[/nom]C'mon Tom's, stop putting out every single article with errors because you're too lazy to proof read! You guys keep losing credibility by the day. "a SSD", are you serious. Don't you guys learn this crap in primary school?[/citation]

Yeah yeah, it should be an SSD, but you clearly overreacted.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]kaisellgren[/nom]Nice, but I'm more interested knowing if the current market PCI-E based SSDs are bootable and have trim. Since SATA III is already being pushed to the limits, PCI-E seems like a solution except that to my experience they aren't bootable at least not easily.[/citation]

The later Revodrives from ocz supports both boot and trim (don't know about the earlier Revo's) but in reality the trim don't work as the windows 7's trim currently only work with AHCI devices. On the good side the Revo's have pretty good garbage collection.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
There's no official support for the 6 series chipset because intel wants to force user to an "upgrade" ... it wouldn't be the first time (see socket changes). Lucky for the average user, those drivers will be modded (the same way enabling AHCI on ICH9) and we'll get unofficial support. Dick move on Intel's part but ... all is fair in love and business.

[citation][nom]15th warlock[/nom]Does the 7 series include the X79? or just the latest P/H77 chipsets?[/citation]

The X79 uses the RSTe which means that it uses a different ROM than the Z77 and Z68. It is not clear if RAID-0 TRIM support will be added to the new RSTe ROM

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Can Tom's hardware test this claim and clarify which versions of drivers work and on what motherboards/BIOS versions? Also I would like to know if Intel allows TRIM only on Intel's own drives in RAID 0 or also for all the other manufacturers (e.g. Corsair, OCZ, Samsung, etc.)?

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Yeah yeah, it should be an SSD, but you clearly overreacted.[/citation]

I think "Solid State Drive" when I see SSD, not "Ess Ess Dee," so I that's where they are coming from.

C'mon Tom's, stop putting out every single article with errors because you're too lazy to proof read! You guys keep losing credibility by the day. "a SSD", are you serious. Don't you guys learn this crap in primary school?

Whats wrong with "a SSD" as its starts with a consonant and is said like that was well? http://www.dailywritingtips.com/using-a-and-an-before-words/

Toms does have issues with editing and proof reading however in this case you are wrong. :kaola:

[citation][nom]greenrider02[/nom]I think "Solid State Drive" when I see SSD, not "Ess Ess Dee," so I that's where they are coming from.[/citation]

Yes, but technically, it's supposed to be treated as "Ess Ess Dee" in writing because that's how acronyms are treated in writing or else it is improper grammar. I didn't think it's a serious mistake and wouldn't have commented about it had that comment about it not been posted (or at least not been such a douche about it).

[citation][nom]jamessneed[/nom]Whats wrong with "a SSD" as its starts with a consonant and is said like that was well? http://www.dailywritingtips.com/us [...] ore-words/Toms does have issues with editing and proof reading however in this case you are wrong.[/citation]

Pronounce SSD as the acronym. It is "Ess Ess Dee" and that technically starts with E, a vowel. I talked about this with a friend of mine whom teaches English. Your link actually covers this if you read the paragraph about abbreviations.

deFRabit

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Hey Guys,
What about the issue with the IRST(e) Enterprise edition and its driver v3.xx for the Intel's x79 Chipset. Any news from Intel or some!!!??

Mobo: ASUS P9X79
SSDs: Intel 520 120GB (x2) RAID.0

Much appreciation
deFRabit
http://deFRabit.com

Status
Not open for further replies.