[SOLVED] TRIM not working

Aug 8, 2020
TRIM isn't working anymore for me. I have TRIM enabled using command prompt/admin. I tried to run it manually with the command "Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter C -ReTrim -Verbose" but no go. I also tried to run it using C/properties/tools/ optimize but it won't run there either. I checked event viewer and there is no record of it ever running. I ran the program "TRIM check" and it says it's NOT running. I'm using win10 2004. The computer seems to be running OK...so far. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try? Thank you.

Solution
The drive is configured AHCI in the BIOS. I don't know what the board is. It's an HP laptop model W7v75UA. TRIM used to work but not anymore. Wondering it's because of the 2004 update.
Yes, 2004 has terrible problem with disk optimization, Trim does work but it just doesn't show. Best to turn off automatic disk optimization and do it manually once a month. On auto it also may attempt to defrag SSD and that's no good.

kanewolf

Titan
TRIM isn't working anymore for me. I have TRIM enabled using command prompt/admin. I tried to run it manually with the command "Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter C -ReTrim -Verbose" but no go. I also tried to run it using C/properties/tools/ optimize but it won't run there either. I checked event viewer and there is no record of it ever running. I ran the program "TRIM check" and it says it's NOT running. I'm using win10 2004. The computer seems to be running OK...so far. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try? Thank you.
What motherboard?
How is the drive configured in the BIOS? (SATA, AHCI, RAID) ?

Aug 8, 2020
The drive is configured AHCI in the BIOS. I don't know what the board is. It's an HP laptop model W7v75UA. TRIM used to work but not anymore. Wondering it's because of the 2004 update.

Yes, 2004 has terrible problem with disk optimization, Trim does work but it just doesn't show. Best to turn off automatic disk optimization and do it manually once a month. On auto it also may attempt to defrag SSD and that's no good.

Solution