Trinus PSVR Lets You Play Steam Games On Your PC, Here's How

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Is it just me, or is the title of the article misworded?

"Trinus PSVR Lets You Play Steam Games On Your PC" - funny, I've been playing Steam games on my PC for years without Trinus PSVR...

Should read something like "Trinus PSVR Lets You Play Steam Games With Playstation VR HMD on PC"

zahoome

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

Yes, I noticed that as well. I wonder how I was playing my Steam games last night without having a PSVR?

That aside, the contents of the article were pretty interesting. It sounds like they just expanded TrinusVR to include PSVR support. The original TrinusVR could already do something similar with your smartphone and Cardboard compatible headset. I'll definitely be trying it out, since I just bought a cheap smartphone VR headset last month and have been wondering if this exact functionality was possible.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I think I'll just wait for "mid-range" PC headsets to come out that are more reasonably priced. Actually I might wait and see if they can pull off a VR version of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries in 2018.

BigDHustler

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I have confirmed the res is correct yet the monitor shows an extremely zoomed image and the psvr shows overlapping zoomed image.

BigDHustler

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I have ensure that mine is set 1080 but when I start Trinus the monitor shows a really zoomed screen and the psvr shows 2 overlapping images that are also very zoomed in. If I switch to cinematic it works as expected but once in vr mode i get the same result. I have an additional monitor which I removed so the only monitor is vr and the one one the output of the VR control box and same result which requires an unplug of the box to correct the zoom to see the screen. Any help would be appreciated!!

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Try these parameters.

{
"WarpX":1.0,
"WarpY":0.22,
"WarpZ":0.14,
"WarpW":0.0,
"DistortionScale":0.85,
"ScaleFactor":0.86,
"LensCenterX":0.0,
"LensCenterY":0.0,
"ChromAbParamX":1.0,
"ChromAbParamY":0.0,
"ChromAbParamZ":1.0,
"ChromAbParamW":0.0,
"AspectRatio":1.0,
"AspectRatioCorrection":false
}

BigDHustler

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Unfortunately that is what I was setup with, but I also have vertical and horizontal FOV settings as well

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

You could try reaching out to the developer. During my review process, he was quick to respond. He may be able to help you out.

BigDHustler

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Thanks for the help, I actually got it working. Wish I could post what fixed it but tried so many combination of things not sure which was the actual fix but appeared to correct after I ran everything using the loop method then shut down and rewired as shown in the diagram and everything works. Now trying to work through the psmove setup.

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
When a SteamVR game starts, it creates two windows: the window meant for the HMD, with separate left-right views, and the window meant for the PC monitor. The way to make sure everything works correctly is to make sure that the latter window is centered in the PC monitor. The monitor's resolution must be set to 1920x1080 in advance. Then you can Alt-Tab to the HMD window, and use Windows Key + Shift + Right Arrow to move it to the PSVR screen. Maybe there are more windows in the PSVR screen; in that case you have to Alt-Tab to them and use Windows Key + Shift + Left Arrow to move them out of the way.

Walter_33

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Hey so I have a 4k tv set up as well. I got the headset to work however I cannot seem to make it run in anything over 60fps because that is the highest refresh rate supported by my TV. After setting custom resolutions and frame rates to make it run more smooth at 90 fps on the psvr hmd, I could no longer get the display to work properly because the two had different refresh rates. How might I solve this problem?

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

I don't think it can be solved. It's an unofficial product, so it isn't designed to allow for such configurations, unlike Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. The latter achieve this by using the graphics card driver's VR direct mode, which requires the driver manufacturers to code support for the HMDs into the drivers themselves. PSVR isn't an official HMD for PCs, so AMD and Nvidia are highly unlikely to ever offer proper support for it.

If you want to have PSVR permanently connected to your PC, and refreshing above 60 Hz, you would need to use as your primary monitor a 120Hz+ one. Personally, I'm fine with 60 Hz, and I don't use PSVR all the time, so I just unplug the HDMI cable from PSVR when I finish using it, and go back to fully leveraging my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.