News Trio of AMD RDNA2 GPUs Debut in the Steam Hardware Survey

I've had the 6900XT for months now and I haven't seen the Steam HW survey triggered in my HTPC. I use Steam to play VR games almost every day.

I don't know why that is, but better late than never? XD

I haven't seen the Steam Survey on my laptop either; 5900HX+6800M. I have the client open all day long... So weird.

Regards.

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I've had the 6900XT for months now and I haven't seen the Steam HW survey triggered in my HTPC. I use Steam to play VR games almost every day.

I don't know why that is, but better late than never? XD

I haven't seen the Steam Survey on my laptop either; 5900HX+6800M. I have the client open all day long... So weird.

Regards.
Steam surveys have always had a big question mark after any data that is pulled out of them and the frequency of when they are taken on any one machine. One of the most common time for a survey to be done is when Steam is first loaded up on a computer. This may be a new computer or a clean install of the OS. I just had one done when I did a fresh install of Win11 insider preview on my main machine. I also have had a couple just appear over the years. That said, with millions of users, it does not take many surveys to show what the most used hardware is and the trend lines. There is also no clear distinction of what regions of the world are included in a survey. For a while three or four years or so ago, the Chinese internet cafes were throwing all of the stats out the window until Steam said that they stopped using that particular data. Europe is much less Intel/NVidia invested and shows more AMD data than the US. Other regions are cost-constrained by some of the board makers. Bottom line is that Steam surveys are good to show trends and not good for actual sales numbers esp over a short time period. Don't worry about not having been surveyed, your particular setup is probably well represented in the data, heh.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I got asked to participate in the survey for the first time in like 7 years just the other day. Haven't changed a thing in months. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when or why one particular machine/account will be asked to participate versus another.

TRENDING THREADS