[SOLVED] Triple Display Problem

Metatrix

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
Hi there,

So, I have :

ACER 1080p 75hz monitor,
ViewSonic VX910 monitor,
and a Wacom CintiQ 16" graphical tablet.

All plugged using my three available ports in my GTX 1660 Super.

Whenever I plug the Wacom CintiQ...
both my ACER and ViewSonic monitors shut off, and the screens show that signal is lost.
My ACER monitor goes through its various channels (DVI, HDMI, etc) to try to find a signal and does not find a signal, as if it wasn't plugged anymore, and the VewSonic monitor just says "no sgnal".
The Wacom tablet automaticall becomes the only working display for my PC as soon as I plug it in.

When I unplug the Wacom CintiQ, instantly the other two monitors can register the signal again, (I never unplugged them) and everything goes back to normal.

I tried switching ports for my each monitors/displays, but no matter the configuration, the Wacom tablet seems to cut the signal from the other two.

What could be the reason for this ? What is happenning ?

Thank you for your help.

Solution
I found the solution.

I had to go into my display settings once my Wacom was on and every other displays were in the dark, and there I had to select my other displays, and choose extend desktop to this display, for my two other monitors. For some reason, when I plugged in my Wacom tablet, the monitors were automatically set to "disconnect this display".

VERY weird.

If anyone has an idea of why it was the case I am very curious.

Metatrix

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
I found the solution.

I had to go into my display settings once my Wacom was on and every other displays were in the dark, and there I had to select my other displays, and choose extend desktop to this display, for my two other monitors. For some reason, when I plugged in my Wacom tablet, the monitors were automatically set to "disconnect this display".

VERY weird.

If anyone has an idea of why it was the case I am very curious.

Solution