[SOLVED] Triple fan Gtx 1070 has 1 broken fan, can i use just 2 of the fans?

Apr 15, 2020
I have an Asus strix GTX1070 that is a few years old and out of warranty. Fan 3 is broken/wobbly and won't spin properly without going off balance and hitting one of the internal gpu wires or gpu shroud.

I am currently waiting for a replacement fan, which is taking much longer than I expected due to coronavirus. Is there any way to stop fan 3 from spinning at all? or at the very least, a way to run the GPU with only 2 fans installed?

Solution
You can disconnect the fan...

uB1xq66.png

The card is not designed to work with 2 fans, but you can try and see how its going to run.
It will run with 2 fans no problem in idle, but under load... will be the problem, check your temps constantly and be careful if you try to game with it.
You can disconnect the fan...

uB1xq66.png

The card is not designed to work with 2 fans, but you can try and see how its going to run.
It will run with 2 fans no problem in idle, but under load... will be the problem, check your temps constantly and be careful if you try to game with it.

Solution
Apr 15, 2020
I am using the 0-decibel feature on my gpu to stop the fans from running while idle. I am looking more towards a solution for gaming and if gaming with 2 fans is even an option.