[SOLVED] Triple Monitor Dual GPU setup

iarcherz

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Planning on running a triple monitor setup. I have an old gtx 760 that I'm hoping I can connect to two 60hz monitors for browsing and such. Then have. Gtx 1060 powering the main 144hz benq monitor and nothing else for gaming. Hopefully reducing the load off the 1060 so it can focus on games even when I have the other two running and I'm gaming.
Is this viable or am I going to run into issues??

Solution
That would be fine to do as long as your PSU is up to the task and your 1060 temps stay within a safe range (under 85C).

That being said as long as your not doing anything graphically intense (YT/Web/Netflix) on the other two monitors the 1060 can easily handle all 3 monitors with gaming on the main monitor.

Another option would be to use your CPU's integrated GPU if it has one to power 1-2 of the side monitors.

WildCard999

Titan
That would be fine to do as long as your PSU is up to the task and your 1060 temps stay within a safe range (under 85C).

That being said as long as your not doing anything graphically intense (YT/Web/Netflix) on the other two monitors the 1060 can easily handle all 3 monitors with gaming on the main monitor.

Another option would be to use your CPU's integrated GPU if it has one to power 1-2 of the side monitors.

Last edited:
Reactions: iarcherz
Solution