triple monitor gaming questions

lathbrunt

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Hey guys I have a few questions about this stuff
1) do the monitors have to be the same?
I want the middle one Tn 144hz and the outside 2 IPS and 60hz. They will all be 1080p. I want to know if I can do triple monitor gaming like that as sometimes I just want to game on one and so I want a 144hz one
2) Should I go the hof 980

Thanks

Solution
The monitors do not have to be the same. However, they look nicer if it is so and makes for a better triple monitor gaming experience. You could drop the middle panel down to 60hz if you want to do triple gaming and set it back to 144hz when you take your setup out of surround mode for when you want to play on a single monitor at 144hz.

As for the 980, I would recommend the Asus Strix version or an EVGA card.

kira70591

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
The monitors do not have to be the same. However, they look nicer if it is so and makes for a better triple monitor gaming experience. You could drop the middle panel down to 60hz if you want to do triple gaming and set it back to 144hz when you take your setup out of surround mode for when you want to play on a single monitor at 144hz.

As for the 980, I would recommend the Asus Strix version or an EVGA card.

Solution

Agent Dash

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
It does not matter if the monitors are different size/same brand or not. I personally would recommend getting L.E.D. TV's for the three screens. I currently use 3 32 inch 60hz L.E.D.'s and they get the job done just fine. As for gaming if you are looking to play surround span with the game you are wanting to play on all 3 screens at once then it would be in your best interest to stick with 3 monitors/TV's of the same size and refresh rate to minimize screen tearing. If you do end up playing surround span you will also need to make sure you are not using any VGA cables because since those are "analog" and not "digital" you won't get the correct resolution of 5760x1080 and it will look all weird. You should only be using DVI, HDMI and Display port adapters. If needed to you can get an HDMI to DVI cable/DVI to HDMI cable or a display port to HDMI adapter if you need one. also as for cables and other components you may need look on amazon.com because places like best buy will sell you ones that are way to expensive. (You can get a 6 foot HDMI on amazon for around 5 bucks for the same quality as the 30 dollar 6 foot ones they sell at best buy.)

Hope this helps.