triple monitor set up and questions

nutty100333

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Is this for gaming? Or do you just want the three displays for productivity?

3 cheap displays for gaming is a terrible idea. I have 3 displays (3x1200P screens) and I have enjoyed particular titles immensely. But it's only supported properly on some titles, and even when it work it's often a real hassle. On top of that you're looking at fundamentally cheap displays which aren't going to be great anyway. PLUS, 3 VGA connectors... that's going to be extremely difficult given that modern cards don't include any VGA (analogue) outputs, and even your old GTX 680 only supports 2.

Ultrawides start at like 155quid, if you want the surround/ultrawide gaming experience you're better off getting one of those, like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM58-P-25-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1503642635&sr=1-2&keywords=1080p+ultrawide
Given the price this is probably **not** a great gaming display (I don't know, see if you can find some reviews), but I can almost guarantee that however bad it is, it'll be way better those 3 of those cheapy 768P TN panels you were considering.
TL DR -> for gaming, your original plan is not a good one.

If you just want them for productivity, I'm still struggling to understand it. You can get much more screen real-estate from two slightly more expensive displays. And if you're using Windows 10, the WindowsKey+Left/Right hotkeys are fantastic for quickly positioning windows side by side.

I can probably make a better recommendation if you can be a bit more specific about what you want to do.

Is this for gaming? Or do you just want the three displays for productivity?

3 cheap displays for gaming is a terrible idea. I have 3 displays (3x1200P screens) and I have enjoyed particular titles immensely. But it's only supported properly on some titles, and even when it work it's often a real hassle. On top of that you're looking at fundamentally cheap displays which aren't going to be great anyway. PLUS, 3 VGA connectors... that's going to be extremely difficult given that modern cards don't include any VGA (analogue) outputs, and even your old GTX 680 only supports 2.

Ultrawides start at like 155quid, if you want the surround/ultrawide gaming experience you're better off getting one of those, like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM58-P-25-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1503642635&sr=1-2&keywords=1080p+ultrawide
Given the price this is probably **not** a great gaming display (I don't know, see if you can find some reviews), but I can almost guarantee that however bad it is, it'll be way better those 3 of those cheapy 768P TN panels you were considering.
TL DR -> for gaming, your original plan is not a good one.

If you just want them for productivity, I'm still struggling to understand it. You can get much more screen real-estate from two slightly more expensive displays. And if you're using Windows 10, the WindowsKey+Left/Right hotkeys are fantastic for quickly positioning windows side by side.

I can probably make a better recommendation if you can be a bit more specific about what you want to do.

Ultrawide support is fantastic compared to 3 screen support. It is worth doing a bit of research into the support on the sorts of games you like though.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS