Question Triple Monitor Setup on Laptop?

Jan 22, 2020
Hello,

I am new here and tried searching this topic but I wasn't able to find any answers specific to my question.

I have an Eluktronics P650HP6 laptop with the following specs:

Operating System: Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (Clean Installation, No Bloatware)

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core (2.8-3.8GHz TurboBoost, 6MB L3 Cache)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM

Display: 15.6" Full HD LG IPS 60Hz EDP Anti-Glare (1920 x 1080)

Graphics: 6GB GDDR5 VRAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Primary Drive: 256GB Performance SATA III SSD

Secondary: 1TB 5400RPM SATA III Hard Drive

RAM Expandability: 3 empty DDR4 slots.

Optical Drive: N/A

Wireless: Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.2

Keyboard: Premium Full-size Customizable Color Backlit Keyboard with 10-key numeric keypad

Mouse: Built-in Microsoft Precision Touchpad (PTP) multi-gesture & scrolling function

Webcam: 2.0MP Full HD Webcam & Array Mic

Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 port (Type-C), 3 USB 3.0 Ports, HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP), 2 Mini DisplayPort v1.4, Gigabit Ethernet, 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone & S/PDIF output), 1 Microphone jack, 1 Line out jack, 6-in-1 SD Card reader

Added Security: Fingerprint Reader; TPM 2.0, Kensington Lock

Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 with Onkyo Speakers; ANSP 3D sound technology on headphone output

Power: 200 Watt AC Adapter

Battery: 4-Cell 60WHr

I want to attach two additional monitors to this laptop and use the main laptop monitor so that I have a three-monitor setup. Both monitors I will be using are HDMI. What would be the best way to go about doing this? If I just plug one monitor straight into the HDMI port on my computer then get an HDMI to Mini DisplayPort adapter and plug the second into one of those ports? Or is there another solution that would be better? This setup will not be for gaming, only for multitasking. All displays including the laptop display will be 1920x1080.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if this has already been discussed, please let me know. I checked the guide that is pinned in this forum but I don't think the information was sufficient.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020
I see this laptop is sold by Amazon, why not ask your question (whether you can use two monitors plus LCD) there?
To be quite honest, most people taking their time to answer those questions don't really know much. They provide generic answers and it typically takes forever to get a reply.

My understanding is that the max resolution of my graphics card is 7680x4320 and has 1 HDMI and 2 Mini DisplayPorts. I am assuming this means if I connect a monitor directly into these ports that I should no problem setting up a triple monitor setup.