Triple Monitor Setup using integrated speakers

filflops

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
This question has been asked before, but not as simple as I'm about to ask it.

I own 3 Asus VG248QE Monitors, each with integrated speakers(albeit not the best, but that doesn't matter) that I'd like to use as my external speakers when I am not using my headset.

My motherboard, Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 has this back panel:
SAB_990FX_R2-line-01.jpg

Each monitor has 2 3.5mm audio jacks- one green, one black.
51xrNwp4DeL._SL1000_.jpg

I don't care for center/left/right channels, I'd like for all monitors to output the same sound at the same time.
Each monitor came with a 3.5mm male to male aux cable.

What else do I need to make use of my 3 built-in speakers?

Solution

I sure am. Best of all, if you don't like the setup, or want to change it in the future, its super simple to do. Plus those cables are inexpensive. About 75 cents each.
G

What graphics card are you using? The reason I am asking is that, if you have HDMI out on your gpu, you can use that on one of the monitors. But need to know what is your graphics solution in this setup. I don't see onboard graphics solution on this motherboard.

filflops

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Tr_Araso, my cards are :
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 (x2 SLI)

61QB7Usnr8L._SL1200_.jpg

Xivilain, are you suggesting I purchase enough splitters, connect all male connectors, and plug the main splitter into the backpanel of my mobo?

G

Decent setup sir. You may use your HDMI out for one of the monitors and get one of those splitters for the other two monitors. Or get two of those splitters, plug one into the green audio out port, and plug the other one to the splitter that is plugged in to the audio jack. You would have to purchase male to male audio cable to hook up to your monitor.

I have a question tho. So you got one green and one black audio jack in the back of your monitor. I wonder if you can have a daisy chain setup. But idk if that black one is audio out for the green audio in.

Xivilain

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

I sure am. Best of all, if you don't like the setup, or want to change it in the future, its super simple to do. Plus those cables are inexpensive. About 75 cents each.

Solution

filflops

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Tr_Araso, since the monitors are 144hz, I want to avoid using HDMI for any of them, as the output is limited to 60fps,
Daisy chaining would be interesting, but I'm not sure how this works exactly. I assume it goes something along the lines of -cable into one, and out into the next- but the different colored ports rises my uncertainty.

In any case, I'll probably take Xivilain's approach, as I think I may have some spare y-splitters lying around somewhere, and this solution seems the simplest and most logical. Much thanks to the both of you!