Triple monitor setup

SamD23

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
I'm currently running 2 monitors (2 x AOC 2369M) on my computer (generally speaking I use 1 for gaming and one for Facebook/Spotify etc.) however I am interested in purchasing a third monitor, identical to the two I already own for surround gaming. My current setup is:

VTX3D 2GB HD7850 x-edition graphics card
AMD FX-8350 8-core processor
8 GB 1333MHz ram

What sort of upgrades will I have to make to my system in order to run triple-A titles (mainly Borderlands 2, Grand Theft Auto etc) in surround, and is buying a cheaper VESA mount risky compared to a more expensive one?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I'm not sure of the output on your GPU, but you generally need to buy an active mDP/DP adapter to DVI. You'll also have a problem with getting the 7850 to power modern games on all three screens. I have a 7950 and three monitors (four if you count the TV.) and I have yet to enable Eyefinity. I personally like having the game on the center one with my other programs on the other two.

How cheap is cheap? I bought a stand off of Amazon that was just over $100. Works good so far though getting the surround monitors just right was tricky. As I tightened, they would move. So I had to start with them being off, and tighten and hope they lined up right. Took a bit of work, but it worked out well. My biggest issue was most stands...

SHADE117

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
I have three 1080p acer monitors and I have one R9 290, I can run Crysis 3 on high (not max) settings no AA at 50-70FPS so one R9 290 is just about enough but I am looking at getting a second one you may want to consider the same. You may also have to upgrade your PSU if you have a FX8350 and one R9 290 I would recommend a 850w

Michael Valen

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
I would think if you are going for 3 monitor @1920x1080 60hz upgrade the video card. Go for maybe a 780/ti or 290x for the best performance and not terrible framerates. Could also use maybe a upgrade in RAM, since they are dropping now. Atleast where I come from. Go for it and enjoy a great gaming experiance! :)

4745454b

Titan
I'm not sure of the output on your GPU, but you generally need to buy an active mDP/DP adapter to DVI. You'll also have a problem with getting the 7850 to power modern games on all three screens. I have a 7950 and three monitors (four if you count the TV.) and I have yet to enable Eyefinity. I personally like having the game on the center one with my other programs on the other two.

How cheap is cheap? I bought a stand off of Amazon that was just over $100. Works good so far though getting the surround monitors just right was tricky. As I tightened, they would move. So I had to start with them being off, and tighten and hope they lined up right. Took a bit of work, but it worked out well. My biggest issue was most stands were for 24" monitors, and I'm running 26" monitors. I had to buy one that could handle 27/28" monitors so that I'd have enough room.

Solution