Question Triple monitor setup

May 20, 2019
Hi guys, i have one question.
I have an asus pg248q 24inch monitor, and i want a triple monitor setup with this one in the middle. It would just be stupid to make triple setup with these three. Too expensive and no point in having 3 180hz panels. So i want this one in the middle with 2 similarly looking monitors on the side, feel free to reccommend what kind of monitors(144hz,1440p, ips panel....) to put on the side, or feel free to reccommend to sell this one and buy other 3 monitors. My budget is around 1200dolars and i want the monitors to look atleast similar to each other.

I'd suggest sticking with ASUS then. It is a TN panel. So, you'd want a TN panel. As IPS will usually have noticeably better color and contrast.

Other than that get one as close as possible to the same specs:
  • Display Viewing Area
  • Resolution
  • Brightness
  • Contrast Ratio
  • Viewing Angle
  • Flicker Free
  • Gamma Adjustments

Although this isn't a requirement. I would strongly suggest they also have VESA mount points (VESA wall mount 100x100 mm). Triple monitors take up a huge amount of desk space and look messy on their stands. A nice triple monitor stand bolted or clamped to the desk with all the cable routed together looks much cleaner. It frees up a lot of desk space as the hover over the desk with one small mounting point. Providing amble room underneath. The stands also allow you to precisely align your screens. Get a tall stand for lots of clearance and to bring your displays up to eye level.

The $50 to $60 stands are often made well enough. I prefer arms which allow angle adjustment. You'll also likely need longer power and video cables.

Reactions: Toni99
May 20, 2019
Thanks on answer,
so,the thing is that PG248Q are too expensive here and my budget is limited to approx 1200dolars,including my monitor(which costs around 500bucks),i was thinking about MG248Q because they are like 3x cheaper and they have 144 Hz & TN, i know that MG is an inferior panel and that it would look a little bit different but i dont know how much different from mine.also i am gonna do a wall mount so the factory monitor stand doesnt even bother me,because i am not going to use it.

Thanks on answer,
so,the thing is that PG248Q are too expensive here and my budget is limited to approx 1200dolars,including my monitor(which costs around 500bucks),i was thinking about MG248Q because they are like 3x cheaper and they have 144 Hz & TN, i know that MG is an inferior panel and that it would look a little bit different but i dont know how much different from mine.also i am gonna do a wall mount so the factory monitor stand doesnt even bother me,because i am not going to use it.
Well the MG248Q is the same size, pixel pitch and brightness as your PG248Q. It's probably a decent match. I assumed you'd just be getting 60Hz monitors for your side screens. If you plan on triple monitor gaming. It's advised to get three monitors of the exact same make and model. Mismatched models may not work correctly or at all when trying to expand a game across three screens.

May 20, 2019
Well the MG248Q is the same size, pixel pitch and brightness as your PG248Q. It's probably a decent match. I assumed you'd just be getting 60Hz monitors for your side screens. If you plan on triple monitor gaming. It's advised to get three monitors of the exact same make and model. Mismatched models may not work correctly or at all when trying to expand a game across three screens.
I know that it is best to have the same 3 monitors, but I do not see any sense in 3 monitors like mine, do you have the idea for some other 3 monitors to cca +/- $ 1200-1300?