Question Triple monitor setup?

tomeryaul

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
i am looking for a triple monitor setup (i think 32" but not sure yet).
i know it will be set as "regular" monitors on the sides and a "gaming" monitor in the middle.
this is the setup that meets my needs.

the middle will be either 4k 60hz or 1440p 144hz (didn't pick a side yet on this debate)
the sides would be 1080p unless there is something else i am not aware of, that fits a 1440p 144hz
but that brings the question, are there 1080p monitors that look the same as 4k/1440p monitors? (for symmetry/looks/aesthetics)
i am trying to make the setup as aesthetically pleasing as possible so all 3 monitors have to be same size and if possible same looks as well.

All three monitors should be the same size and resolution. It will look bad having mismatched monitors. Objects appear as different sizes between them. Borders don't match up right either. A minor annoyance when moving a cursor from a higher res to lower res screen.

tomeryaul

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
:) that is well known.
"should" is a very nice word. but getting all 3 as 4k or 1440p is a lot more expemsive. and for my working and gaming needs i dont beed 2 more high end monitors.
so while that statement is true and i agree with it, it still not cost effective and to be honest it also doesn't answer my question which sadly i don't think i'll find a answer in a fast manner.

edit:
to further explain: i figured i would change windows and text size and other things to compensate for the resolution if all 3 monitors are same height (and if posible same look)

Last edited:

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
How about the Acer XG270HU for the center and K272HUL for the sides? That way, they'll all at least look similar and have 1440p resolution, but the center monitor will have the higher 144Hz refresh rate you'd want for gaming while the IPS side monitors would look good for off-angle viewing.

May 28, 2019
i suggest BenQ / Zowie XL24111P 24 inch 144hz in the middle.

Just take note 3 monitors is very graphics demanding and you must have a good graphics card or cooler

tomeryaul

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
How about the Acer XG270HU for the center and K272HUL for the sides? That way, they'll all at least look similar and have 1440p resolution, but the center monitor will have the higher 144Hz refresh rate you'd want for gaming while the IPS side monitors would look good for off-angle viewing.

that's actually smart. in my case it will be the g sync equivalent of that monitor but still i like it. all 1440p but only the middle higher hz for the gaming. and buying from the same brand means m ore chance of same looks. This is proof of the level of my creative thinking.. as in, i have none lol. thank you for the idea.

Just take note 3 monitors is very graphics demanding and you must have a good graphics card or cooler

well then i better hope that 2x 1080ti water cooled in custom loop can handle it ;)