Triple Monitor Trouble

Wes333

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
Hello, I am in a bit of a predicament and would appreciate some advice. I currently have LG 25UM56-P 25" and a Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24". I want to get another monitor and I have found a good deal on a 27" curved monitor, my one question is will it not look great with the other two? Should I spend a little extra and buy another 25UM56-P 25"?

Solution
That's also going to be a personal choice. I know if you leave them as separate monitors it will probably look better to you. But not everyone is the same. If you are going for "Eyefinity" then identical monitors is best. With as small bezels as you can get. Mine are about an inch total. Big, but I don't use Eyefinity. If you go with a center 144Hz monitor and a use other monitors as the surrounds I would do that, but not enable Eyefinity.

4745454b

Titan
If you want to run them all together as one I highly suggest not doing this with those monitors. 3 different sized monitors with one curved and two not curved isn't going to work well together. I have three identical monitors on my desk with a mount and it works, but if the monitors were different sizes and shapes then I would think it would be super annoying. Many people don't like the gaps between monitors, they will MASSIVE in this configuration.

If however you want to use the screens as I use them then it's possible. While I have three monitors on my desk, I don't have them working as one. They work as three different screens. This makes it much less likely to be a bother/issue.

Wes333

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

So you think I should spend a little extra on the same LG 25UM56-P 25"?

Wes333

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

But I am looking for at least one 144hz 1ms monitor. Would a 25" 144hz 1ms monitor look alright with two LG 25UM56-P 25"

4745454b

Titan
That's also going to be a personal choice. I know if you leave them as separate monitors it will probably look better to you. But not everyone is the same. If you are going for "Eyefinity" then identical monitors is best. With as small bezels as you can get. Mine are about an inch total. Big, but I don't use Eyefinity. If you go with a center 144Hz monitor and a use other monitors as the surrounds I would do that, but not enable Eyefinity.

Solution