[SOLVED] Triple monitor troubleshoot - 1070 founders edition [Display Port signal issues]

Oct 10, 2018
Hey everyone, I am having a lot of trouble trying to get 3 monitors set up to my new gaming PC that I just recently built. The issue that I am having is that when I connect one monitor to the HDMI or Display ports on my GTX 1070 founders edition, that monitor works. However, when I use Display port adapters (DP male to HDMI female) with the Display ports on the GPU, the second and third monitor are not detected by my computer. I tried solving this by updating all of the driver software for my GPU, going into nvidia control panel to activate the monitors but they didn’t show up at all, and I even went into my motherboards bios (MSI z370 g) and turned on the multi-display graphics feature. Still nothing.

The specs of my computer are as followed:
Case: Corsair Crystal series 570x
Motherboard: MSI z370 g
CPU: intel I-7 8700
Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR4 8gb RGB (I have two of these in the optimal slots)

I honestly have no other problems with this PC except for the fact that my monitors won’t all connect

If someone knows what could be going on and could provide me with a solution I would be very much appreciative.

Thanks,
Ethan

Solution
Typically 144 Hz monitors require the use of DisplayPort or dual link DVI-D. HDMI in most cases will not work. There are a few 144Hz monitors that will use HDMI, but the are the exception.