[SOLVED] Triple Monitors vs Single Monitor

Feb 16, 2019
Currently I have 3 Monitors which are:
  1. BenQ XL2720 (Monitor I game on)
  2. 2 Acer H236HL on each side

I was going to either upgrade the middle monitor to a ultrawide that is like 35 in and keep the 2 monitors on the side or get a ultrawide and not use any of my other monitors. My system is able to run 3 monitors easily so was just wondering other peoples experiences.

Solution
Well if you're getting an ultrawide anyways, get it and see if you want to keep the extra monitors.

in my opinion having an extra monitor in addition to an ultrawide would still be useful, a friend of mine bought a monitor mount to put his extra monitor above his ultrawide which was a pretty cool setup.

having 2 extra monitors on each side of an ultrawide sounds like a lot of head-turning to use the monitors.
Well if you're getting an ultrawide anyways, get it and see if you want to keep the extra monitors.

in my opinion having an extra monitor in addition to an ultrawide would still be useful, a friend of mine bought a monitor mount to put his extra monitor above his ultrawide which was a pretty cool setup.

having 2 extra monitors on each side of an ultrawide sounds like a lot of head-turning to use the monitors.

Solution
Feb 16, 2019

I put my 2 monitors on the side vertically because that is how i like it and also prevents too much head turning. Do you think that would be good? a ultrawide in middle and 2 vertical monitors on each side?

I put my 2 monitors on the side vertically because that is how i like it and also prevents too much head turning. Do you think that would be good? a ultrawide in middle and 2 vertical monitors on each side?
I mean it all depends on personal preference and how close you sit to your monitors.

I say try it, worst comes to worst you don't like it and can sell a monitor and maybe buy a different monitor mount.