Triple or double for Gaming?

brogundapo

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
I have found a good pre owned deal on a 16:9 monitor to replace the 1280x1024 one that came with my 10 year old pc. However, I'm just curious whether I should get this monitor and keep my old one to have Audacity, Discord and social media open while I game, or get two additional 5:6 monitors for a triple monitor setup. My specs are Nvidia GTX 670, i5 3330 and 8GB of ram. Please I'm just curious, if one seems obvious don't judge me! Thanks for the help. Extra info: I would use the 16:9 as my main gaming monitor obvs if I went with a dual monitor setup. Price doesn't matter. also the bezels are quite small on the 5:6 monitors. my desk can handle them and I am also a YouTuber. Also could I have help with placement and setup. Thanks again

Solution
well as for the question, it's down to preference, your graphics card does support, triple monitor setup so no issues that end, however different resolution monitors can make nvidia surround go a bit weird in terms of moment from one screen to the next so beware of that. however i'm unsure of how much another monitor affects performance, but it might be the case that your gaming does take a drop with the third monitor.

freercurse

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
well as for the question, it's down to preference, your graphics card does support, triple monitor setup so no issues that end, however different resolution monitors can make nvidia surround go a bit weird in terms of moment from one screen to the next so beware of that. however i'm unsure of how much another monitor affects performance, but it might be the case that your gaming does take a drop with the third monitor.

Solution

brogundapo

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017

Thanks a lot, I think I will go for double but stacked. I want the best performance, and 900p seems to be a good balance. Also, the second monitor above will drastically help with productivity. Thanks again!