[SOLVED] Triple PWM fan splitter, 1 fan at full speed

Sep 1, 2020
Hi guys
Just got a phanteks sk 120mm pwm fan 3-pack for my case to add PWM control to my PC. It comes with a triple PWM fan splitter which I need to use as my Aorus x570 elite wifi does not have many fan headers. 2 of the fans on the splitter run as expected but one of them is constantly running at full speed and making my PC really loud, defeating the purpose of getting these fans. Any chance anyone knows how to fix/avoid this?
Thanks in advance

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

To rule out a faulty cable or fan, see if replacing the fan that's on full speeds to run standalone on one of your headers on the board and if that doesn't have any issues. The other thing to to do is swap the fan connections on the splitter and see if other fans exhibit the same issue when on that (seemingly faulty) header on the splitter.

Lutfij

Titan

To rule out a faulty cable or fan, see if replacing the fan that's on full speeds to run standalone on one of your headers on the board and if that doesn't have any issues. The other thing to to do is swap the fan connections on the splitter and see if other fans exhibit the same issue when on that (seemingly faulty) header on the splitter.

Solution
Sep 1, 2020

Thanks I thought the same thing, just ran out of time to test it. Will do tomorrow. I imagine that this is the only thing it could be right? Doesn't seem like a motherboard fault or potentially different pinouts between the fan and the header?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
What you describe is NOT common. It MIGHT happen if that one fan is somehow making a bad connection on Pin #4 that brings to it the PWM signal. OR, it could happen if the fast fan is really a 3-pin fan, but you say this is a set of three 4-pin fans. OR, the fan MIGHT be faulty - if it runs full speed even if it is plugged into another unused fan header, then it might be faulty.

Sep 1, 2020
Thanks for the help everyone. When I was testing the fan in different ports, I noticed that one of the pins (the single pin in the splitter) was not fully in the connecter and making bad contact. I just had to push that in an now it works great

TRENDING THREADS