Triple vs dual radiator?

w0rmh0lez

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hello guys! I'm wondering what would be better? A triple slim radiator with push fans or a very thick dual radiator with push pull fans?

Solution
I'm inclined to think the triple rad would perform better. The performance scaling with rad thickness and push/pull over just push or pull is pretty low compared to plain having more surface area.

w0rmh0lez

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I currently have a Silverstone Raven RV02 which has 3 180mm AP181 fans at the bottom and I have a slim triple 180mm radiator at the bottom. However I just recently discovered alpha cool makes thick 180mm radiators. Unfortunately there is no room for such a thick radiator. I can get another case but it will only fit 2 180mm fans. So I could get a thick dual 180mm rad and put 4 180mm fans around it and have a huge cooling sandwich. What do you guys think?

w0rmh0lez

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
@manofchalk Computers are a big hobby of mine. And I always want to get the best cooling performance. Even if its just by a couple degrees. Also the way I have it set up now it is very difficult to clean. Its damn near impossible to clean the dust filters I've placed at the bottom without taking apart my entire cooling system and the pump is mounted to the wall since there is no room at the bottom of the case and it vibrates a lot and makes noise. However I can bear with it if it yeilds the best cooling performance. However if the thick dual rad idea would be better I'll imidealty jump on it.

I can understand that :lol:

If your looking for a new case, the Phanteks Enthoo Primo is what I would be going for. It solves a lot of your problems and with a bit of modding I reckon it can be made to work with a triple 180mm rad at the top. That leaves you room at the bottom for a 480mm rad if you really think you need more rad space.