tripleHead2Go + Nvidia surround question.

heyu29h

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
My question is,
Currently Nvidia Surround requires 3 identical monitors ( from what i read ), problem is I have 3 same size monitors (different makes).

Dose anyone know, if you could use a *tripleHead2Go* to negate this, and still have your card actually put out 5760x1080 res (my gpu has display port), so the tripleHead2Go simply takes in the 5760x1080 res input from your gpu, and then puts it back out to 3 monitors without stretching a lower res from your gpu to fill the 3 monitors.
I have tried contacting the company but am not getting a response.

heyu29h

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009

you are correct for amd eyefinity, unfortunately nvidia is not very forgiving,

nvidia, not only requires the same native resolution,
nvidia also requires everything to match, sometime even 3 monitors with same model but different firmware won't work.
after repeated questions to nvidia and 2 gpu rma's They responded that nvidia surround, requires identical monitors both hardware and firmware, nvidia requires all monitors to have the exact same timings
HSYNC, VSYNC, horizontal & vertical front porch, back porch, pulse width, period, and like 6 others I can't remember, basically they told me to buy 3 identical monitor at the same time, from the same place.

in 2D Surround, any combination of monitors that share common timings will work but if the displays are not identical this may result in a lower than optimal resolution, and each must have, at minimum, one DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort connector. Aesthetically, identical monitors are preferable, but not a requirement.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/how-to-correctly-configure-geforce-gtx-680-surround#1

Have you actually tried to to set up Surround on your monitors and failed or is this hypothetical's were talking about?

Far as I can tell, the only specification that all screens must be identical is if your doing 3D Vision Surround.

heyu29h

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009

you must have missed my other post,
yep I tried many times, rma'ed my gpu 2 times, heck i even reloaded windows, until I finally got a responce from nvidia, monitors of the same native res can have many things different that won't work with nvidia surround ,
hsync, vsync, horizontal and vertical, front porch, back porch, pixel clk, display period some others, per nvidia all they have to match. they listed like 12 thing I never heard of, or seen on any monitors specs sheat

TRENDING THREADS