trojan:byte-verify

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

how can i remove a trojan that prohibits me from using an internet
connection? my little sister got the virus from an e-mail that duplicated a
known username and when she opened it up ...crash. now she cannot get online
for support or help and mcafee conviently cannot remove the threat. Also i am
not very good with computers I just know enough to get by. can anyone help?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi,

Free virus removal tools, all of which can be downloaded from a different
machine, then then used in Safe mode on the problem machine:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/8/lng/us/tpl/v5/nid/3001#3001
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

Emergency system tools:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jdg243" <jdg243@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:20130301-174E-4D0C-A0FE-E560D0A74BE6@microsoft.com...
> how can i remove a trojan that prohibits me from using an internet
> connection? my little sister got the virus from an e-mail that duplicated
> a
> known username and when she opened it up ...crash. now she cannot get
> online
> for support or help and mcafee conviently cannot remove the threat. Also i
> am
> not very good with computers I just know enough to get by. can anyone
> help?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Disable system restore then download, install, update and run all of the
following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it, save
a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who will tag
along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
need to see it not them.


HijackThis
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip


The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
software.

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"jdg243" <jdg243@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:20130301-174E-4D0C-A0FE-E560D0A74BE6@microsoft.com...
> how can i remove a trojan that prohibits me from using an internet
> connection? my little sister got the virus from an e-mail that duplicated
> a
> known username and when she opened it up ...crash. now she cannot get
> online
> for support or help and mcafee conviently cannot remove the threat. Also i
> am
> not very good with computers I just know enough to get by. can anyone
> help?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

In article <KkuSe.994$I91.186@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Disable system restore then download, install, update and run all of the
> following.

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of the pcbutts1 site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised - the pcbutts1 poster does not provide VALID links to
the vendors website, doesn't not provide a proper/valid MIRROR site in
compliance with the vendors guidelines, and has not even given proof
that he has permission to host the files on his private site.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

> The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
> the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
> software.

Except that none of them know about his sites, and he's not posting
anything proving that they have given permission to host their files on
his site WITHOUT giving them credit for it.

AdAwareSE can be found here:
http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Edwide Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Unlike the links that butts provides, these are the actual vendors sites
and you don't have to question their authenticity or if they are free
from infection or malware.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Why do you keep telling me this. Reply to the op. Learn how to post.

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d843e44f614607f989e69@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <KkuSe.994$I91.186@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> Disable system restore then download, install, update and run all of the
>> following.
>
> Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
> of the pcbutts1 site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
> or uncompromised - the pcbutts1 poster does not provide VALID links to
> the vendors website, doesn't not provide a proper/valid MIRROR site in
> compliance with the vendors guidelines, and has not even given proof
> that he has permission to host the files on his private site.
>
> Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
> that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
> at them.
>
> Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.
>
>> The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has
>> given
>> the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute
>> their
>> software.
>
> Except that none of them know about his sites, and he's not posting
> anything proving that they have given permission to host their files on
> his site WITHOUT giving them credit for it.
>
> AdAwareSE can be found here:
> http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
>
> SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
>
> Edwide Security Suite Trial can be found here:
> http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
>
> You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
> from here:
> http://www.symantec.com/downloads/
>
> Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
> http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
>
> Unlike the links that butts provides, these are the actual vendors sites
> and you don't have to question their authenticity or if they are free
> from infection or malware.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

In article <MeESe.591$6e1.225@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Why do you keep telling me this. Reply to the op. Learn how to post.

Because you keep posting nonsense - and the entire Usenet was founded
around properly bottom posting, but, like your unauthorized hosting of
vendors files, you don't understand that either.


Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:
http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.


--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me