Question Trojan on Gretel A9 (Android 6.0.1)

housecarl2066

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
Hello, I have been having trouble for months with a Gretel A9 smart phone provided by my employer.

The thing seems to be infected by a Trojan which cannot be removed by Factory Restore, or any virus program I have been able to find. (Malwarebytes will detect and clear it, but it comes back straight away).

Here are the symptoms:

-Horrendous pop-ups advertising games

Such as "Grumpy Gorrilla", "Oh No", "99 Balls", and "Sticky Glue). These pop ups are difficult to remove and require scrolling on the advert to find the X to remove, which often leads to clicking on the pop up itself.

This ended up with the phone being subscribed to "Demon Games", running up a £50 phone bill with the network provider.

-Constant browser pop ups to a website called "Aiboo.cc" which I am sure has something to do with it.

-An app called "Magic" which comes up as a virus on malware bytes, and keeps reappearing on the phone, with a little picture of a blue Octopus.

-Constantly tells me I have a new Whatsapp message, but when clicked on, something called "H5 Games" comes up.

-Lake worth ISD is another dodgy app that keeps appearing.

Please, help me if you can. I have tried resetting numerous times, and I've researched everything I have found but there's no information online about any of these things.

housecarl2066

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
I've tried but it's no good. I have to either make do with this, fix it myself, or alternatively they will provide with me with a much worse phone which I definitely dont want to change to.