Trojan Screwed up my computer, cant fix it

Beavecoon

Reputable
May 16, 2015
So about a month or so ago I got this Trojan that my Norton client could not pick up. I at first noticed that every time I tried to run a steam game it froze up so I ran a norton scan and it picked up a trojan so i removed it thinking it would solve the problem, wrong. Ever since my memory has been showing 20% usage even when no programs are running. I have gone to every corner of the internet trying to fix this thing. I have used every virus and malware scanner ever created. Task manager and process explorer have not shown me anything unusual. I even did a refresh and nothing changed. BIOS and graphics driver updates, nothing happened.

My specs
Lenovo y510p idea pad laptop
Windows 8.1
Nvidia 750m graphics card
Intel i7 processor
8gb memory
25GB SSD
1TB hard drive

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
My pc is at ~20% also so don't see what the problem is,but if you want to know if the trojan still left behind traces maybe post a question here and look at the two first stickies doing so.These guys have more tools to find out what is going on and know how to use them.

Beavecoon

Reputable
May 16, 2015

Yeah so I went onto the website and It told me to run a program called dds, but every time I run it it says I am in compatibility mode and the program cannot run. Can I turn compatibility mode off?

Beavecoon

Reputable
May 16, 2015

So I cannot do that, it says to run not open. Anyway I have decided to export some of my files that I am almost positive are not carrying anything bad (based on system refresh) and restart the entire computer (using the windows 8 reset not refresh) will this work or do i need to do something else?

Beavecoon

Reputable
May 16, 2015

Restarting the computer did not do anything, in fact it made it a little worse, but on the bright side I was able to run the DDS and I am now awaiting a response from spyware hammer, thanks for directing me

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I probably should have been more clear,but the above post was meant as a choice.Don't know what they can do for you after the reset,make sure to mention it after they react.Don't react to your first post there yourself.Update the first post if possible,but do not post a second time until they have responded.You might get ignored,not because they just do,but because they might think one of them is busy with your topic.