"prOk" <bsonej@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D5idnW6yy_tMSaTeRVn-uw@usa2net.net...

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-9-10-all-orig-Midway-TRON-works-100-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ6212631804QQcategoryZ13716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

> How can the seller possibly rate the cabinet as a 9.5 out of 10 when the
> bottom had 'pretty bad' damage, had to be replaced and left the cab with
> metal brackets on both sides and some god awful chunk of wood on the
front??

Yeah, the "10 out of 10" coin door with rusty coin reject buttons and paint
scratched out of the coin returns... What does it take to get marked down I
wonder?

Maybe it's like the "NRA ratings system" used for old firearms-- it's "10
out of 10" considering it's a 20 year old piece of used electronic
equipment. (Not 10 out of 10 compared to how it was when it was 'new'.)

Can't really fault the seller too much though, there's plenty of pictures so
the buyer can make an informed decision on that basis. I'm just curious how
he'd rate a coin door with non-rusty buttons and solid paint. "10+" ;-)

-Clay

Who cares the guy has plenty of pics, if it is out of your league stay
away.

Some people care about the details some don't.

It's not like a world record price.

Go fix something instead of picking peoples auctions over.

I wish I could have got that kinda money for the last Tron I sold, Wow
it just goes to show you that sometimes it doesn't matter, the majority
people just don't know.

I guess i touched a nerve

Have a nice night!

How in the world can you say 9.5 out of 10 is relative terms? If he
said "very nice shape" or "amazing condition", then fine. I disagree,
but fine. When someone says "9.5 out of 10", they are essentially
saying the game is 95% PERFECT.
Yes, any seller can describe any game however they like, but don't try
and defend what 9.9 out of 10 people see as a false description.

well, 9.5 out of 10 is a very relative term.

If you compared it to all the trons out there, I would say its a 9.5 out of
10.

How many trons are out there that look that good that are not using repro
art. For an original (in my eyes) its a 9.5 out of 10.

Its just like saying tron is rare. In this newsgroup, trons are very
common. But to the rest of the public, tron is rare because its a 20 year
old game (so in a sense, every game that came out in that time frame is
rare).

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

"prOk" <bsonej@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-9-10-all-orig-Midway-TRON-works-100-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ6212631804QQcategoryZ13716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> How can the seller possibly rate the cabinet as a 9.5 out of 10 when the
> bottom had 'pretty bad' damage, had to be replaced and left the cab with
> metal brackets on both sides and some god awful chunk of wood on the
> front??
>
> /b

using your logic, you are saying that 99 out of 100 people would say that
is a bogus description, There is no way thats true. Heck the only people
that would have a problem with that is the picky people in this newsgroup.
I am sure that there are many people that looked at that auction and thought
the description was fine (after all, me and the seller that would make 2
people, so at that point to stay at your ratio, you would have to find 200
hundred people that would think it was a bad description).

while the total number of points is fixed (10). The amount removed for any
damage is relative.

Whenever a game is described as something out of 10, there is no way that
all will agree with the rating, thats a given. If you can't comprehend
that when you read a description, you probably are not smart enough to
maintain the machine in the first place and should stick to new items only!

After all, unless there is a fixed test that all games are compared to
equally and then judged by an impartial party, what makes your opinion (or
mine for that matter) any different than the sellers. I guess what I am
saying here, is looking at the auction, isn't obvious that the seller has
shown enough information that anyone with half a brain should be able to
figure out if the game is for them??

--

"Morgan Beckman" <morganbeckman@pobox.com> wrote in message
> How in the world can you say 9.5 out of 10 is relative terms? If he
> said "very nice shape" or "amazing condition", then fine. I disagree,
> but fine. When someone says "9.5 out of 10", they are essentially
> saying the game is 95% PERFECT.
> Yes, any seller can describe any game however they like, but don't try
> and defend what 9.9 out of 10 people see as a false description.

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

You cannot rate a game's physical condition in 'relative' terms.. If 90% of
trons are a 5 like you're saying (which I do not dispute), that makes this
one at best a 7, not a 9.5.

Judging it's condition like that, what does the true undamaged mint Tron
rate as? 24?

/b

"Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
> well, 9.5 out of 10 is a very relative term.
>
> If you compared it to all the trons out there, I would say its a 9.5 out
> of 10.
>

> How many trons are out there that look that good that are not using repro
> art. For an original (in my eyes) its a 9.5 out of 10.
>
> Its just like saying tron is rare. In this newsgroup, trons are very
> common. But to the rest of the public, tron is rare because its a 20 year
> old game (so in a sense, every game that came out in that time frame is
> rare).
>

> --
> Mickster
>
> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>
> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>
> "prOk" <bsonej@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-9-10-all-orig-Midway-TRON-works-100-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ6212631804QQcategoryZ13716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>>
>> How can the seller possibly rate the cabinet as a 9.5 out of 10 when the
>> bottom had 'pretty bad' damage, had to be replaced and left the cab with
>> metal brackets on both sides and some god awful chunk of wood on the
>> front??
>>
>> /b

While you may not like it, He and many others can and do rate a game's
condition in relative terms.

Its the same for any collectable out there. What a 9.5 out of 10 means is,
in the eyes of the seller he feels it looks very very good, but is not
perfect. In those pics thats what I see also. While you see messed up
lower edges and a bad coin door, I see original side art that looks
fantastic (that is very unusual for tron). A difference of opinion, thats
all.

true undamaged mint tron would rate a 10, its just that you feel more
points need taken off for the damage that you see.

Later
--

> You cannot rate a game's physical condition in 'relative' terms.. If 90%
> of trons are a 5 like you're saying (which I do not dispute), that makes
> this one at best a 7, not a 9.5.
>
> Judging it's condition like that, what does the true undamaged mint Tron
> rate as? 24?
>
> /b
>

> "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>> well, 9.5 out of 10 is a very relative term.
>>
>> If you compared it to all the trons out there, I would say its a 9.5 out
>> of 10.
>>

>> How many trons are out there that look that good that are not using repro
>> art. For an original (in my eyes) its a 9.5 out of 10.
>>
>> Its just like saying tron is rare. In this newsgroup, trons are very
>> common. But to the rest of the public, tron is rare because its a 20
>> year old game (so in a sense, every game that came out in that time frame
>> is rare).
>>

>> --
>> Mickster
>>
>> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>>
>> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>>
>> "prOk" <bsonej@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-9-10-all-orig-Midway-TRON-works-100-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ6212631804QQcategoryZ13716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>>>
>>> How can the seller possibly rate the cabinet as a 9.5 out of 10 when the
>>> bottom had 'pretty bad' damage, had to be replaced and left the cab with
>>> metal brackets on both sides and some god awful chunk of wood on the
>>> front??
>>>
>>> /b

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

If you don't like what I feel like saying that's fine.. but don't make
assumptions about what I can pay, what I can fix or any other type of
judgement you know absolutely nothing about. I pointed out facts, nothing
more. If you don't like it fine but keep your stupid statements to yourself
unless you have facts to back them up. I've owned a nicer tron than that,
and it's far from 'out of my league'.. Whether someone 'cares' about
details or not doesn't make that description any less innacurate, this is
FACT. The cabinet is NOT a 9.5 condition cabinet. PERIOD. If more people
were more honest about their descriptions ebay wouldn't be such a shady
place to buy a game today and perhaps the market wouldn't be quite so down
there as it is.

Typical dealer mentality.

/brian

"EastIowaAmusement" <EastIowaAmusement@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Who cares the guy has plenty of pics, if it is out of your league stay
> away.
>
> Some people care about the details some don't.
>
> It's not like a world record price.
>
> Go fix something instead of picking peoples auctions over.

>. If more people were more honest about their descriptions ebay wouldn't
>be such a shady place to buy a game today and perhaps the market wouldn't
>be quite so down there as it is.
>
> Typical dealer mentality.
>
> /brian

You have got to be kidding right?? Ok, here is the real reason the market
is down.

1) The fad has passed.
2) Many more classic packs available home systems
3) many collectors have there collections complete (thats me)
4) Mame/mame cabs/ 39 in one cabinets have matured and for most thats good
enough
5) Many of the people that had disposable income that wanted these games
have moved on to building familys
6) Xbox live/ new generation vid systems coming this christmas
7) gasoline/shipping going up

Thats just to name a few.

The market is not down because of auctions of that type the guy had.

also the more that games are restored the more there are for sale which
means more supply and hence less demand.

> >. If more people were more honest about their descriptions ebay wouldn't
> >be such a shady place to buy a game today and perhaps the market wouldn't
> >be quite so down there as it is.
>>
>> Typical dealer mentality.
>>
>> /brian
>

> You have got to be kidding right?? Ok, here is the real reason the
> market is down.
>
> 1) The fad has passed.
> 2) Many more classic packs available home systems
> 3) many collectors have there collections complete (thats me)
> 4) Mame/mame cabs/ 39 in one cabinets have matured and for most thats good
> enough
> 5) Many of the people that had disposable income that wanted these games
> have moved on to building familys
> 6) Xbox live/ new generation vid systems coming this christmas
> 7) gasoline/shipping going up
>
> Thats just to name a few.
>
> The market is not down because of auctions of that type the guy had.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:48:58 -0500, "Mickey Johnson"
<mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote:

>well, 9.5 out of 10 is a very relative term.
>
>If you compared it to all the trons out there, I would say its a 9.5 out of
>10.

So does than mean I can take a rotted out empty shell of a 1924 Ford
Model T and sell it on Ebay as a 9.5 out of 10 because 99% of them
have disintegrated back to their original elements?

Any kind of real grading is a very strict process. If you look at the
professional systems in place for comic books and baseball cards, they are
graded on "absolute" condition. Even if there is a comic that is fairly
rare, if they are all beat up, the nicest one known will still get a 5. Of
course, people can say whatever they like when they are rating their
machines, but there are no professional grading systems in any hobby that
grade on relative condition.

> using your logic, you are saying that 99 out of 100 people would say that
> is a bogus description, There is no way thats true. Heck the only people
> that would have a problem with that is the picky people in this newsgroup.
> I am sure that there are many people that looked at that auction and
> thought the description was fine (after all, me and the seller that would
> make 2 people, so at that point to stay at your ratio, you would have to
> find 200 hundred people that would think it was a bad description).
>
> while the total number of points is fixed (10). The amount removed for
> any damage is relative.
>
> Whenever a game is described as something out of 10, there is no way
> that all will agree with the rating, thats a given. If you can't
> comprehend that when you read a description, you probably are not smart
> enough to maintain the machine in the first place and should stick to new
> items only!
>
> After all, unless there is a fixed test that all games are compared to
> equally and then judged by an impartial party, what makes your opinion (or
> mine for that matter) any different than the sellers. I guess what I am
> saying here, is looking at the auction, isn't obvious that the seller
> has shown enough information that anyone with half a brain should be able
> to figure out if the game is for them??
>

> --
> Mickster
>
> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>
> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>
> "Morgan Beckman" <morganbeckman@pobox.com> wrote in message
>> How in the world can you say 9.5 out of 10 is relative terms? If he
>> said "very nice shape" or "amazing condition", then fine. I disagree,
>> but fine. When someone says "9.5 out of 10", they are essentially
>> saying the game is 95% PERFECT.
>> Yes, any seller can describe any game however they like, but don't try
>> and defend what 9.9 out of 10 people see as a false description.

Hi,

I would say the major reason its down is folks being broke, the stock
market fall is still killing them, interest rates have moved way back up
and gas prices are not helping at all. I think if you put some pre
March of 2000 (real or paper money) back in folks hands the games would
still be rising in price. There really are not that many games left out
there in good shape and most of the ones that are really nice are in the
hands of folks who want good money for them or plan on keeping them for
themself.

Take it easy,
Mark Capps

Mickey Johnson wrote:

>>. If more people were more honest about their descriptions ebay wouldn't
>>be such a shady place to buy a game today and perhaps the market wouldn't
>>be quite so down there as it is.
>>
>>Typical dealer mentality.
>>
>>/brian
>

> You have got to be kidding right?? Ok, here is the real reason the market
> is down.
>
> 1) The fad has passed.
> 2) Many more classic packs available home systems
> 3) many collectors have there collections complete (thats me)
> 4) Mame/mame cabs/ 39 in one cabinets have matured and for most thats good
> enough
> 5) Many of the people that had disposable income that wanted these games
> have moved on to building familys
> 6) Xbox live/ new generation vid systems coming this christmas
> 7) gasoline/shipping going up
>
> Thats just to name a few.
>
> The market is not down because of auctions of that type the guy had.

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

I didn't say this was the *only* reason it was down did I? On top of that,
the market really isn't as down as people think.. it's pretty much mainly
ebay that is. A good quality machine still sells for good money today,
just not through ebay any longer.. Too many people just don't trust sellers
there now. Is this the only reason for cheaper prices, of course not, is it
a contributing factor.. yes.

/b

"Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
> >. If more people were more honest about their descriptions ebay wouldn't
> >be such a shady place to buy a game today and perhaps the market wouldn't
> >be quite so down there as it is.
>>
>> Typical dealer mentality.
>>
>> /brian
>

> You have got to be kidding right?? Ok, here is the real reason the
> market is down.
>
> 1) The fad has passed.
> 2) Many more classic packs available home systems
> 3) many collectors have there collections complete (thats me)
> 4) Mame/mame cabs/ 39 in one cabinets have matured and for most thats good
> enough
> 5) Many of the people that had disposable income that wanted these games
> have moved on to building familys
> 6) Xbox live/ new generation vid systems coming this christmas
> 7) gasoline/shipping going up
>
> Thats just to name a few.
>
> The market is not down because of auctions of that type the guy had.

> So does than mean I can take a rotted out empty shell of a 1924 Ford
> Model T and sell it on Ebay as a 9.5 out of 10 because 99% of them
> have disintegrated back to their original elements?

No, but if you have a 1924 model T with original paint, tires, and
equipment you definitely would have more leeway on grading than if its been
restored. If a model T was in as good as condition as that tron, it would
be a 9.5 in my book.

Yep thats what mean, in grading video games there is no set standard. To
many in this group that game does not warrant what the seller listed it for,
but it my eyes it did

--

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> Any kind of real grading is a very strict process. If you look at the
> professional systems in place for comic books and baseball cards, they are
> graded on "absolute" condition. Even if there is a comic that is fairly
> rare, if they are all beat up, the nicest one known will still get a 5.
> Of course, people can say whatever they like when they are rating their
> machines, but there are no professional grading systems in any hobby that
> grade on relative condition.
>

> "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>> using your logic, you are saying that 99 out of 100 people would say
>> that is a bogus description, There is no way thats true. Heck the only
>> people that would have a problem with that is the picky people in this
>> newsgroup. I am sure that there are many people that looked at that
>> auction and thought the description was fine (after all, me and the
>> seller that would make 2 people, so at that point to stay at your ratio,
>> you would have to find 200 hundred people that would think it was a bad
>> description).
>>
>> while the total number of points is fixed (10). The amount removed for
>> any damage is relative.
>>
>> Whenever a game is described as something out of 10, there is no way
>> that all will agree with the rating, thats a given. If you can't
>> comprehend that when you read a description, you probably are not smart
>> enough to maintain the machine in the first place and should stick to
>> new items only!
>>
>> After all, unless there is a fixed test that all games are compared to
>> equally and then judged by an impartial party, what makes your opinion
>> (or mine for that matter) any different than the sellers. I guess what
>> I am saying here, is looking at the auction, isn't obvious that the
>> seller has shown enough information that anyone with half a brain should
>> be able to figure out if the game is for them??
>>

>> --
>> Mickster
>>
>> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>>
>> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>>
>> "Morgan Beckman" <morganbeckman@pobox.com> wrote in message
>>> How in the world can you say 9.5 out of 10 is relative terms? If he
>>> said "very nice shape" or "amazing condition", then fine. I disagree,
>>> but fine. When someone says "9.5 out of 10", they are essentially
>>> saying the game is 95% PERFECT.
>>> Yes, any seller can describe any game however they like, but don't try
>>> and defend what 9.9 out of 10 people see as a false description.

I disagree, (but thats probably no surprise at this point now is it).

The market is down, repro stuff is starting to go out of print, only big
name games are selling as well. If you think the market is still ok, just
go check out pinballs for a while. Pinball is where vids were 4 years ago.

Have you taken some polls to know how many people used to use ebay but now
are afraid??? From what I have seen in the last six months, selling on the
newsgroup is hard and ebay is a piece of cake.

--

>I didn't say this was the *only* reason it was down did I? On top of
>that, the market really isn't as down as people think.. it's pretty much
>mainly ebay that is. A good quality machine still sells for good money
>today, just not through ebay any longer.. Too many people just don't trust
>sellers there now. Is this the only reason for cheaper prices, of course
>not, is it a contributing factor.. yes.
>
> /b
>

> "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>> >. If more people were more honest about their descriptions ebay
>> >wouldn't be such a shady place to buy a game today and perhaps the
>> >market wouldn't be quite so down there as it is.
>>>
>>> Typical dealer mentality.
>>>
>>> /brian
>>

>> You have got to be kidding right?? Ok, here is the real reason the
>> market is down.
>>
>> 1) The fad has passed.
>> 2) Many more classic packs available home systems
>> 3) many collectors have there collections complete (thats me)
>> 4) Mame/mame cabs/ 39 in one cabinets have matured and for most thats
>> good enough
>> 5) Many of the people that had disposable income that wanted these games
>> have moved on to building familys
>> 6) Xbox live/ new generation vid systems coming this christmas
>> 7) gasoline/shipping going up
>>
>> Thats just to name a few.
>>
>> The market is not down because of auctions of that type the guy had.

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

That's exactly how I see it Chuk.. You must grade in absolutes, not
subjectives. However rare something may be in the condition it's in has no
bearing on a physical condition rating. In this case, water damage severe
enough to warrant replacement of the bottom, angle irons on the sides and a
2x4 on the kickplate DOES detract from any physical condition rating, no
matter how nice the sideart is. Clean sideart doesn't make the water damage
go away.

/b

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> Any kind of real grading is a very strict process. If you look at the
> professional systems in place for comic books and baseball cards, they are
> graded on "absolute" condition. Even if there is a comic that is fairly
> rare, if they are all beat up, the nicest one known will still get a 5.
> Of course, people can say whatever they like when they are rating their
> machines, but there are no professional grading systems in any hobby that
> grade on relative condition.
>

> "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>> using your logic, you are saying that 99 out of 100 people would say
>> that is a bogus description, There is no way thats true. Heck the only
>> people that would have a problem with that is the picky people in this
>> newsgroup. I am sure that there are many people that looked at that
>> auction and thought the description was fine (after all, me and the
>> seller that would make 2 people, so at that point to stay at your ratio,
>> you would have to find 200 hundred people that would think it was a bad
>> description).
>>
>> while the total number of points is fixed (10). The amount removed for
>> any damage is relative.
>>
>> Whenever a game is described as something out of 10, there is no way
>> that all will agree with the rating, thats a given. If you can't
>> comprehend that when you read a description, you probably are not smart
>> enough to maintain the machine in the first place and should stick to
>> new items only!
>>
>> After all, unless there is a fixed test that all games are compared to
>> equally and then judged by an impartial party, what makes your opinion
>> (or mine for that matter) any different than the sellers. I guess what
>> I am saying here, is looking at the auction, isn't obvious that the
>> seller has shown enough information that anyone with half a brain should
>> be able to figure out if the game is for them??
>>

>> --
>> Mickster
>>
>> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>>
>> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>>
>> "Morgan Beckman" <morganbeckman@pobox.com> wrote in message
>>> How in the world can you say 9.5 out of 10 is relative terms? If he
>>> said "very nice shape" or "amazing condition", then fine. I disagree,
>>> but fine. When someone says "9.5 out of 10", they are essentially
>>> saying the game is 95% PERFECT.
>>> Yes, any seller can describe any game however they like, but don't try
>>> and defend what 9.9 out of 10 people see as a false description.

You may want to reread his post, he said in 'professional grading systems'.
The arcade hobby does not have this.

Everyone has a different idea of what a certain level of condition means.

--

> That's exactly how I see it Chuk.. You must grade in absolutes, not
> subjectives. However rare something may be in the condition it's in has
> no bearing on a physical condition rating. In this case, water damage
> severe enough to warrant replacement of the bottom, angle irons on the
> sides and a 2x4 on the kickplate DOES detract from any physical condition
> rating, no matter how nice the sideart is. Clean sideart doesn't make the
> water damage go away.
>
> /b
>

> "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
>> Any kind of real grading is a very strict process. If you look at the
>> professional systems in place for comic books and baseball cards, they
>> are graded on "absolute" condition. Even if there is a comic that is
>> fairly rare, if they are all beat up, the nicest one known will still get
>> a 5. Of course, people can say whatever they like when they are rating
>> their machines, but there are no professional grading systems in any
>> hobby that grade on relative condition.
>>

>> "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>>> using your logic, you are saying that 99 out of 100 people would say
>>> that is a bogus description, There is no way thats true. Heck the only
>>> people that would have a problem with that is the picky people in this
>>> newsgroup. I am sure that there are many people that looked at that
>>> auction and thought the description was fine (after all, me and the
>>> seller that would make 2 people, so at that point to stay at your ratio,
>>> you would have to find 200 hundred people that would think it was a bad
>>> description).
>>>
>>> while the total number of points is fixed (10). The amount removed for
>>> any damage is relative.
>>>
>>> Whenever a game is described as something out of 10, there is no way
>>> that all will agree with the rating, thats a given. If you can't
>>> comprehend that when you read a description, you probably are not smart
>>> enough to maintain the machine in the first place and should stick to
>>> new items only!
>>>
>>> After all, unless there is a fixed test that all games are compared to
>>> equally and then judged by an impartial party, what makes your opinion
>>> (or mine for that matter) any different than the sellers. I guess what
>>> I am saying here, is looking at the auction, isn't obvious that the
>>> seller has shown enough information that anyone with half a brain should
>>> be able to figure out if the game is for them??
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mickster
>>>
>>> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>>>
>>> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>>>
>>> "Morgan Beckman" <morganbeckman@pobox.com> wrote in message

Hi,

I sure am glad that we don't have to get our games graded like Beckett
has done with the baseball cards, its a total scam. Only the big
brokers who send in cards by the 10,000 lots get the gem, or gem mints;0

Mark Capps

prOk wrote:
> That's exactly how I see it Chuk.. You must grade in absolutes, not
> subjectives. However rare something may be in the condition it's in has no
> bearing on a physical condition rating. In this case, water damage severe
> enough to warrant replacement of the bottom, angle irons on the sides and a
> 2x4 on the kickplate DOES detract from any physical condition rating, no
> matter how nice the sideart is. Clean sideart doesn't make the water damage
> go away.
>
> /b
>

> "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
>
>>Any kind of real grading is a very strict process. If you look at the
>>professional systems in place for comic books and baseball cards, they are
>>graded on "absolute" condition. Even if there is a comic that is fairly
>>rare, if they are all beat up, the nicest one known will still get a 5.
>>Of course, people can say whatever they like when they are rating their
>>machines, but there are no professional grading systems in any hobby that
>>grade on relative condition.
>>

>>"Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>using your logic, you are saying that 99 out of 100 people would say
>>>that is a bogus description, There is no way thats true. Heck the only
>>>people that would have a problem with that is the picky people in this
>>>newsgroup. I am sure that there are many people that looked at that
>>>auction and thought the description was fine (after all, me and the
>>>seller that would make 2 people, so at that point to stay at your ratio,
>>>you would have to find 200 hundred people that would think it was a bad
>>>description).
>>>
>>>while the total number of points is fixed (10). The amount removed for
>>>any damage is relative.
>>>
>>>Whenever a game is described as something out of 10, there is no way
>>>that all will agree with the rating, thats a given. If you can't
>>>comprehend that when you read a description, you probably are not smart
>>>enough to maintain the machine in the first place and should stick to
>>>new items only!
>>>
>>>After all, unless there is a fixed test that all games are compared to
>>>equally and then judged by an impartial party, what makes your opinion
>>>(or mine for that matter) any different than the sellers. I guess what
>>>I am saying here, is looking at the auction, isn't obvious that the
>>>seller has shown enough information that anyone with half a brain should
>>>be able to figure out if the game is for them??
>>>

>>>--
>>>Mickster
>>>
>>>Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>>>
>>>http://mickster.freeservers.com
>>>
>>>"Morgan Beckman" <morganbeckman@pobox.com> wrote in message

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have a very nice TRON but that one has mine beet.The sideart is
ausome on that thing.I would give it a 9 out of a 10. Mostly just for
the plain fact that none of it is reproduction and in that nice of
shape.I mean so what if he has a board down there its not something any
of us couldnt fix in a short amount of time.And really if you dissagree
then dont buy it.Well thats my two cents....Have a nice day...Later

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

so the newsgroups and ebay are the only places to sell games???