Tron resolution Help/Question

Hello all,
I need a little help. The game Tron has a native resolution of 512x480
vertical. For some reason I can't display this game correct, either
the bottom is cut off or it's way too large and off the screen. I'm
using mame32plus 94u1, XP, Arcade VGA 7000 series and 27" D9200 @
640x480. I never use hardware stretching. Does anybody have any
setting suggestions to get this to display close to original. It
displays fine in a window but I don't like it that way.
Thanks in advance,
Brian

Pacmaniac thought about it a bit, then said...
> Hello all,
> I need a little help. The game Tron has a native resolution of 512x480
> vertical. For some reason I can't display this game correct, either
> the bottom is cut off or it's way too large and off the screen. I'm
> using mame32plus 94u1, XP, Arcade VGA 7000 series and 27" D9200 @
> 640x480. I never use hardware stretching. Does anybody have any
> setting suggestions to get this to display close to original. It
> displays fine in a window but I don't like it that way.
> Thanks in advance,
> Brian

Funny you should mention that - I was just having the same problem with
Tron on my cab. My solution? I messed with a bunch of settings, and
ended up going with 800x600 with hardware stretch. It looks great, and
I've got the full screen again (the bottom was cut off on most other
resolutions)

Sometimes you've got to use hardware stretch, even with an AVGA card.
Not often, but with over 4,000 games, I suppose a display compromise
here and there doesn't hurt.

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Kevin,
Is your cab monitor res set to 800x600 or 640x480?
Thanks for the help,
Brian

Kevin,
Is your cab monitor set to 800x600 or 640x480?
Thanks,
Brian

Pacmaniac thought about it a bit, then said...
> Kevin,
> Is your cab monitor res set to 800x600 or 640x480?
> Thanks for the help,
> Brian

My default resolution is 640x480 - while the Betson can do 800x600, it's
not as sharp and nice looking as 640x480. I only switch to 800x600 when
I need to use the browser to download new software updates (my cab's got
a wireless 802.11g adapter)